Mahindra 3016

/ Mahindra 3016 #21  
Congrats. I bought a 3016HST couple of weeks ago so far so good. I loaded my tires with windshield washer fluid as soon as I got it. So far I have @ 7 hours on it mowing with finish mower and skidding a little wood.

/ Mahindra 3016 #22  
Remember, pictures of all the new equipment on delivery day. :cool: Hey what dealer did you purchase from? Just wondering.

/ Mahindra 3016 #23  
Thanks all for the comments about filling tires. I think I like the advice about trying it without first so that I can feel the difference. Is filling the tires something that can be accomplished as a do it yourself thing? Or is a dealer needed to get it done? Must require a special gizmo, but seems pretty DIY-ish.

We recently added R1s to our B2410 for "field work", kept the turfs for the lawn ;)

My son and I filled the new R1s in about 20 minutes, we used 6 gallons of RV antifreeze per tire and topped off with the garden hose. How? EASY!

-Lay tire flat, stem up ~12 o'clock
-Remove valve core to fully deflate tire
-Use a mall to firmly tap the TIRE near the rim, DO NOT hit the rim! This will "unseat the bead" of the tire from the rim
-Wedge something between the tire and the rim so you can pour the liquids into the tire
-Lift up the tire/rim and support the RIM from below where the tire/rim is open to add the liquid
-Add your chosen antifreeze (if needed)
-Top off with water

Airing up:
-remove object from between tire and rim
-re-install valve core
-set rim/tire flat on ground
-add air to 5psi

Adjusting liquid volume:
-mount tire on tractor
-support tractor so no weight is on tire
-rotate valve stem to about 10 o'clock and remove valve core
-allow excess liquid to drain from the valve stem
-replace valve core
-air tire to 5 psi.

NEVER EVER check "air pressure" on a filled tire unless the valve core is at 12 o'clock!!!! You will RUIN the gauge if ANY liquid gets into it. We marked the rims "FILLED", so everyone knows.

Mounting filled tires on the tractor is "interesting", this is because tire/rims are heavy enough by themselves and now they are REALLY HEAVY! Be D@MNED CAREFUL, filled tires can KILL and the bigger they are the harder they fall, on YOUR BODY. If you use caution and have an escape route, everything will be fine. No need to be scared or worried, just respectful of the danger.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 3016 #24  
Im in the market for a 3016 also and was just wondering what kind of price you ended up paying for the tractor and fel.

/ Mahindra 3016
MtnViewRanch. Yep I'll get some pictures posted of my new equipment. I've got a couple pics here following my first two hours ever on a tractor. I thought I'd start with something simple like flail mowing the inside of an unused horse paddock. the grasses were about five feet tall and my first impression of the whole operation was how simple it was.

I don't have pix of the backhoe yet but I'll post those later. I'm really impressed with the layout and simplicity of the backhoe. My first time I was able to un-mount the BH from the tractor in a few minutes. Couldn't be easier. I'm very happy with the decision to buy the BH.

I made the purchase from Truck Tops USA (aka Campways) Santa Rosa. CA. They have been in business for as long as I can remember but are new to tractors. They went out of their way to make me happy and I believe I'll get good service from them going forward. What they may lack in tractor experience they make up for in customer service. I figure by supporting them and encouraging others to do so as well will ultimately serve my interests in the future. I want them to be successful as a Mahindra dealer which will add to the value of my tractor later.

The other, much larger tractor dealers in the area do lots of ongoing business with the vineyards and vineyard management companies. I'm just one person. And while the other dealers were accommodating to me I didn't get the feeling that my purchase made much of a difference to them. Going with the little guy I feel like my purchase makes more of a difference to their business. Hopefully that will equal more personalized service later.

Attachments

• image-431964112.png
    image-431964112.png
    857.3 KB · Views: 297
  • image-332837171.png
    image-332837171.png
    921.2 KB · Views: 540
  • image-2851420134.jpg
    image-2851420134.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 502
  • image-1376004102.jpg
    image-1376004102.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 497
   / Mahindra 3016
stackingstones said:
Im in the market for a 3016 also and was just wondering what kind of price you ended up paying for the tractor and fel.

I got the 3016 Shuttle with the skid steer option on the FEL for about $14,500. Knock off $500 for the standard FEL.

The thing that killed me is the 9 percent sales that gets added on. Ouch.

/ Mahindra 3016 #27  
I got the 3016 Shuttle with the skid steer option on the FEL for about $14,500. Knock off $500 for the standard FEL.

The thing that killed me is the 9 percent sales that gets added on. Ouch.

Are you kidding us? :confused3: That is a smokin price,:thumbsup::thumbsup: was the "TnT" and canopy included in that price?

/ Mahindra 3016
No, the TNT and canopy were additional. The price I quoted is just the tractor and FEL. I can say this...a comparable JD or Kubota was going to be several thousand dollars more yet the Mahindra has better specs and the BH is unbelievably easy to attach and remove. The BH sealed the deal for me.

/ Mahindra 3016 #29  
No, the TNT and canopy were additional. The price I quoted is just the tractor and FEL. I can say this...a comparable JD or Kubota was going to be several thousand dollars more yet the Mahindra has better specs and the BH is unbelievably easy to attach and remove. The BH sealed the deal for me.

Mahindra sells some nice machines at some good prices. Those are a couple of the reasons that I have 2 of them. ;)

/ Mahindra 3016
MtnViewRanch. I spent three and a half hours on my new rig mowing today. Tach now says 8.5 hrs. It doesn't get much newer than this. I can say that having top link hydraulics with the flail mower is really nice. I can make fine adjustments to the flail to get it to ride over an irregular surface perfectly.