Mahindra 3016

/ Mahindra 3016 #31  
Congratulations on your purchase. Could you tell me more about the skid steer attachment? What exactly do you do with that?
Thanks

/ Mahindra 3016
RJJR said:
Congratulations on your purchase. Could you tell me more about the skid steer attachment? What exactly do you do with that?
Thanks

The skid steer feature allows for fast removal of bucket on FEL by simply releasing two levers. This is useful if you want to attach other implements quickly. An example would be adding something like pallet forks, a bale spear or a hydraulic auger to the FEL.

/ Mahindra 3016
ModMech said:
We recently added R1s to our B2410 for "field work", kept the turfs for the lawn ;)

My son and I filled the new R1s in about 20 minutes, we used 6 gallons of RV antifreeze per tire and topped off with the garden hose. How? EASY!

-Lay tire flat, stem up ~12 o'clock
-Remove valve core to fully deflate tire
-Use a mall to firmly tap the TIRE near the rim, DO NOT hit the rim! This will "unseat the bead" of the tire from the rim
-Wedge something between the tire and the rim so you can pour the liquids into the tire
-Lift up the tire/rim and support the RIM from below where the tire/rim is open to add the liquid
-Add your chosen antifreeze (if needed)
-Top off with water

Airing up:
-remove object from between tire and rim
-re-install valve core
-set rim/tire flat on ground
-add air to 5psi

Adjusting liquid volume:
-mount tire on tractor
-support tractor so no weight is on tire
-rotate valve stem to about 10 o'clock and remove valve core
-allow excess liquid to drain from the valve stem
-replace valve core
-air tire to 5 psi.

NEVER EVER check "air pressure" on a filled tire unless the valve core is at 12 o'clock!!!! You will RUIN the gauge if ANY liquid gets into it. We marked the rims "FILLED", so everyone knows.

Mounting filled tires on the tractor is "interesting", this is because tire/rims are heavy enough by themselves and now they are REALLY HEAVY! Be D@MNED CAREFUL, filled tires can KILL and the bigger they are the harder they fall, on YOUR BODY. If you use caution and have an escape route, everything will be fine. No need to be scared or worried, just respectful of the danger.

I'm amazed you could do all of that in 20 minutes. Maybe that's because the B2410 has a smaller tire than the 3016. Sounds like a project that would take me half a day. How do you lift the filled tire to position it back onto tractor? Wouldn't the filled tire weigh several hundred pounds? I've not had experience changing tires on anything larger than a pickup truck so pardon me if this is a dumb question Maybe there's a technique I've not yet learned.

Is there a fitting that allows for filling tires without having to remove wheel from tractor and breaking the bead?

/ Mahindra 3016 #34  
I'm amazed you could do all of that in 20 minutes. Maybe that's because the B2410 has a smaller tire than the 3016. Sounds like a project that would take me half a day. How do you lift the filled tire to position it back onto tractor? Wouldn't the filled tire weigh several hundred pounds? I've not had experience changing tires on anything larger than a pickup truck so pardon me if this is a dumb question Maybe there's a technique I've not yet learned.

Is there a fitting that allows for filling tires without having to remove wheel from tractor and breaking the bead?

Yes! Check Tractor Supply. Or here's one: http://www.gemplers.com/tech/tire-liquid.htm

/ Mahindra 3016 #35  
Your 11.2x24s should take about 24 gallons to achieve 75% fill, that is about double what ours took.

Most of the time was getting the tractor lifted and tires on/off then putting everything away, the actual filling was only a minute or two because we poured it into the tire instead of using some slow valve set-up.

/ Mahindra 3016 #36  

You do not take the tire off of the tractor. Get the valve stem at 12 o'clock. Jack the tractor up so that the tire is just touching the ground, basically no weight on the tire. Remove valve stem core and attach filler adapter to the valve stem. Fill tire until liquid is at a height that it comes out of the stem. Let the liquid run out until it stops on its own. Remove adapter and reinstall the valve core. Go to next tire and repeat. By letting the fluid run out until it stops on its own allows you to have the same weight in each tire. If you just put the valve core back in while fluid is running out, you have no way of knowing how much over filled you have the tire and there is a good chance the the tires will not be equal.

Hope this helps.

/ Mahindra 3016 #37  
You do not take the tire off of the tractor. Get the valve stem at 12 o'clock.

I did, it worked great and I did not have to wait for the valve or run to the store to buy one.

I my idea appropriate for everyone? No way!

/ Mahindra 3016
Looks like this thread has turned into a conversation about loading tires. I'll bring it slightly back to my Mahindra 3016 with 28 hp. If I load those tires and add how ever many pounds of extra weight will the tractor have a problem getting all that weight up a 30 percent slope while mowing five foot tall grass with a five foot flail mower? I'm attaching a photo of my hillside. After 10 hours of mowing I've learned that it goes downhill great and uphill in reverse real nice in low range 4WD in 2nd gear. Although the extra weight will be good for grip I'm now worried about enough hp to go up in reverse with the added weight.

Attachments

• image-2258343942.png
    image-2258343942.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 194
   / Mahindra 3016 #39  
I did, it worked great and I did not have to wait for the valve or run to the store to buy one.

I my idea appropriate for everyone? No way!

I was indicating that with the tire size on the 3016, you do not want to take the tire off of the tractor. Yes with your size tractor a person can get away with it. Much more difficult and dangerous with a bigger tire.

/ Mahindra 3016 #40  
Looks like this thread has turned into a conversation about loading tires. I'll bring it slightly back to my Mahindra 3016 with 28 hp. If I load those tires and add how ever many pounds of extra weight will the tractor have a problem getting all that weight up a 30 percent slope while mowing five foot tall grass with a five foot flail mower? I'm attaching a photo of my hillside. After 10 hours of mowing I've learned that it goes downhill great and uphill in reverse real nice in low range 4WD in 2nd gear. Although the extra weight will be good for grip I'm now worried about enough hp to go up in reverse with the added weight.

I believe that you will be fine with loaded tires. It's not like you will be mowing in high range.

Just my :2cents: