Branson/Century

/ Branson/Century #1  

junktogo

If choosing between Branson and Century tractors which would be best? Consider my dealers for both seem equal. I am considering one of about 35 HP with loader and possiply a backhoe. I have 20 acres to take care of with brush hogging and other small farm chores.
Thank You
Roy

/ Branson/Century #2  
They're really pretty much the same tractor. I think Century has the edge with the C50 loader. I also know they have a great subframe mount for the backhoe. Not sure about Branson in that department. Dave can probably help there.
One man's opinion, everything else equal, I'd take the Century. Personally like the looks better, think the C50 FEL is great and the backhoe (same as JD) has the best mounting system available.
Pacesetter

/ Branson/Century #3  
Dealer is going to be the first deciding factor and price will be the next determiner. I did not personally try a Century, but the Bransons had two issues: the steering column was too short and the loader joystick bumped into the throttle control. I understand that these items have been fixed on newer ones and that retrokits had been issued to dealers, but something to look for. Also, tip the seat forward and check out the spring-brace for the seat suspension. All the ones I looked at were already bending, which means to me that the seat was going to sag soon. Of course, for $150-200 I could get a top-of-the-line TSC seat and still be $3-4K ahead.

I had the Bransons (especially the Yanmar powered 45hp) high on my list of choices. I would have liked to have seen the Century since they are distributed by a company with a longer track record (Amjawa). But the closest Century dealer was over 175 miles away.

Either way, I think they are GREAT tractors: Lots of stuff standard and a much lower price than than the big three (Kubota, Deere, New Holland) and the up-and-coming two (Kioti and Mahindra).

Mark

/ Branson/Century #4  
I'm about to buy the Branson 3520 with the bl20 loader after a lot of looking at a lot of tractors. The century and branson are identical, save for the loader. Not sure the century loader is better but some seem to think so. I will say this about Branson. The company (Dragon Tractor) is run by some smart, nice guys and they only sell one type of tractor, so they might be a bit better in service at the distributor level. Their prices are great right now, too. Of course the local dealer, as has already been pointed out, makes the bigger difference. But, all things being equal, Dragon Tractor only markets Branson, while American Jawa also markets Zetor. You'll be happy with either one I'm sure. Good luck.

/ Branson/Century #5  
The Branson loader and loader mount is really nice. I can't imagine the Century being better, but I have not compared them side by side. The BL10 and BL20 Branson loaders come stock with a quick connect bucket to accept things like pallet forks. Nice feature. They are both fine tractors with great loaders. Buy from the dealer that you are most confident in.

/ Branson/Century #6  
For everyone's info. The C-50 loader is one of the most durable loaders you can by. If you have not compared one to the standard C-30, C-40 loaders or the Branson loaders you should. The lift capacity is somewhat higher but the frame is massive. And in the long run durability is what counts. Don't get me wrong the C-30/40 is a good loader (and the branson is most likely equal) And if you do not have a lot off loader work then maybe thats the way to go. The other nice feature is the C-50 has a nicer joy stick and it is mounted on the fender. As for American Jawa there dealer support is second to none.
Good luck guys
Chipperman
PS: As for the dealer I agree with all of you, that is of number one importance.