Comparison Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920 #1  

fishboy

Tractor
Allis Chalmers
I am looking for feedback on both of these mowers. I am in need of a zero turn mower as I have almost 4 acres of finish mowing at my house and my little 40" cut riding lawn mower and the 6hrs it takes to cut just isn't working for me. I'm looking at 60" cutting decks for the zero turn as well.

Any feedback on these two machines would be great.

Thanks,
Greg

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920 #2  
I have a JD 997D with 72" deck put about 180 hrs on it with no problems.

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920 #3  
I have the JD 717 with 7iron deck. Awesome cut - probably the best deck of all commercial ZTRs. I have never had a problem with the mower and I have had it for 6 years.

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920 #4  
My neighbor has a JD 957 I think, it has a 72" 7 iron deck and 30+ HP engine, not sure which engine. When it was new he brought it over and help me mow as we had just come back from out of state where my wife surgery. The thing ran circles around my smaller Scag Wildcat 61", and it is also a fine mower.

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920
Thanks for the info guys!

I'm actually getting a better deal on the John Deere too as far as pricing is concerned.

MSRP John Deere is $11,535 --> quoted $8400.00 after negotiating

MSRP Kubota is $9900.00 --> quoted $8795.00 after negotiating

Both tractors are configured with a 60" deck.

Greg

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920 #6  
Thanks for the info guys!

I'm actually getting a better deal on the John Deere too as far as pricing is concerned.

MSRP John Deere is $11,535 --> quoted $8400.00 after negotiating

MSRP Kubota is $9900.00 --> quoted $8795.00 after negotiating

Both tractors are configured with a 60" deck.

Greg
Your experience is actually reversed from mine - I'd probably have a JD mower today if that had been the case.

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920 #7  
Your experience is actually reversed from mine - I'd probably have a JD mower today if that had been the case.
Me too just a couple of weeks ago when I was looking at Kubota ZD331-72 and JD Z997-72. Besides getting a whole lot better discount from Kubota (18.7% off list), none of the three JD dealers within 100 miles had a Z997 to look at and/or test drive. All four Kubota dealers had the ZD331-72 in stock to look at and test drive. Two of the JD dealers out right told me they just don't have the sales to justify stocking the Z997. I suspect just the opposite may be true in other areas.

/ Zero Turn Mowers: Kubota ZG227 vs John Deere Z920
Well, I bought t he JD. It gets delivered tomorrow. :)

Couldn't pass up that deal. Dealer threw in a mulching kit too. :thumbsup:

Greg