Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #91  
OK Guys, I have looked and read until my old eyes are bloodshot, I have been looking at the 8540M and the 5101M JD also the 5101E LMTD, all with 4wd,s and loaders on all, I bleed JD Green having owned one for the past 40 yrs, Also we have a Z326 mower and a RTV900 that gets ran everyday around the feedlot, I have had nothing but luck with the Kubota,s , I have worked on farm tractors for yrs as a mech. either for someone esle or my own Repair Shop. i have worked on alot of Deere,s thu the yrs compared to kubota,s,, Mainly the kubota,s that i did rebuilt either came from skid steers where the air filters was plugged up or lawn mowers that got overheated, The Kubota dealer is about 4 miles away where the JD Dealer is 40 miles away, I have to get this done before the end of the yr, Of course the JD Dealer keeps telling me that he seen the Kubota,s on the Dyno.s and they won,t hold the peak Hp like a Deere, i am about ready to flip a coin and just go get one or the other, i have drove both and can,t really see much difference in either cab,

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #92  
OK Guys, I have looked and read until my old eyes are bloodshot, I have been looking at the 8540M and the 5101M JD also the 5101E LMTD, all with 4wd,s and loaders on all, I bleed JD Green having owned one for the past 40 yrs, Also we have a Z326 mower and a RTV900 that gets ran everyday around the feedlot, I have had nothing but luck with the Kubota,s , I have worked on farm tractors for yrs as a mech. either for someone esle or my own Repair Shop. i have worked on alot of Deere,s thu the yrs compared to kubota,s,, Mainly the kubota,s that i did rebuilt either came from skid steers where the air filters was plugged up or lawn mowers that got overheated, The Kubota dealer is about 4 miles away where the JD Dealer is 40 miles away, I have to get this done before the end of the yr, Of course the JD Dealer keeps telling me that he seen the Kubota,s on the Dyno.s and they won,t hold the peak Hp like a Deere, i am about ready to flip a coin and just go get one or the other, i have drove both and can,t really see much difference in either cab,

Kubota M9540:thumbsup:

Reason I say this, that JD has 82pto and the 9540 has 85pto.....(Still should be under the JD price)

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #93  
Actually i had a Bigger Kubota Dealer give me a Better Deal on a 9540 Cheaper than a 8540, i just don,t need more than a 85hp tractor at this time in my life, I need at least 70 hp to run a bagging machine, The 7040 Kubota is a 64 or 62 hp tractor or i would buy it, i have some pretty steep hillsides that i need to get mowed, The Farmer beside of me last yr had a 2 yr old 7040 and a 1 yr old Verneer Round balier that he up set both of them last yr baling hay, On My bottom ground i use my 2 clys but i need a hillside tractor

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #94  
Actually i had a Bigger Kubota Dealer give me a Better Deal on a 9540 Cheaper than a 8540, i just don,t need more than a 85hp tractor at this time in my life, I need at least 70 hp to run a bagging machine, The 7040 Kubota is a 64 or 62 hp tractor or i would buy it, i have some pretty steep hillsides that i need to get mowed, The Farmer beside of me last yr had a 2 yr old 7040 and a 1 yr old Verneer Round balier that he up set both of them last yr baling hay, On My bottom ground i use my 2 clys but i need a hillside tractor

John Deere 5101E Power:
Engine: 101 hp [75.3 kW]

PTO (claimed): 82 hp [61.1 kW]

PTO (tested): 83.78 hp [62.5 kW]

power test details ... Thats why I suggest(9540),since u mentioned this in earlier post.We own a 7040 and if we could do it again would have went with the 8540,dont get me wrong its a great tractor just the 8540 would do it without the strain.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #95  
We were prepared to buy either a M9540 or M8540 and the salesman sad they were the same tractor except the 9540 had a little more power and used a little more fuel than the 8540, so we got the 8540 as we were replacing an 80 HP tractor; no regrets.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #96  
How long does it take You to take the loader off, The dealer claims he can take it off in 3 mintues, I don,t like to leave it on all the time, Like when i am Bush hogging, but i am planning on getting around a 10 ft semi mounted mower, i wonder if i will need any front end wtgh then, i won,t load the tires because we have some bottom gound that has some wet spots here and there

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #97  
How long does it take You to take the loader off, The dealer claims he can take it off in 3 mintues, I don,t like to leave it on all the time, Like when i am Bush hogging, but i am planning on getting around a 10 ft semi mounted mower, i wonder if i will need any front end wtgh then, i won,t load the tires because we have some bottom gound that has some wet spots here and there

Maybe 3mins.on a concrete slab when you get the hang of it.Only had the loader of once,wasnt really that bad(more like 10min) but had to put the feet on blocks(so they didnt sink) and tied the bucket up so we couldnt use it on the other tractor just said from now on just leave it on,and take the bucket/etc. off.But im gonna say by the time you pull the pins,put the arms down,and disconnect the hoses its going to be around 5min.

Get them to throw some weights for the front with the purchase,worth a shot.Mite do some and only have to purchase cple yourself.......Priced a 8540 here was $42,500

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #98  
The Bigger Dealer came up with $44.000 with the better cab, cast wheels, i am thinking 2 sets of rear wghts and the better tranny, i can,t find my paper work now, Also the 9540 with the plainer cab and more of the manual stuff for $37.000 Now the local Dealer wants $44,900 for the 8540 with the planer cab and about all manual, the more narrow tires with pressed steel wheels, i know its going to P,O him because he is 4 miles up the road from me and i pull tractor,s with him but my money doesn,t grow on tree,s, He has been on my bad side anyway, We bought a New Z326 Zero turn 2 yrs ago and we wanted to trade it on a new compact 28 horse for my wife just won,t run the Zero turn, it has 112 hrs on it and he doesn,t want to take it back in on trade

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #99  
The Bigger Dealer came up with $44.000 with the better cab, cast wheels, i am thinking 2 sets of rear wghts and the better tranny, i can,t find my paper work now, Also the 9540 with the plainer cab and more of the manual stuff for $37.000 Now the local Dealer wants $44,900 for the 8540 with the planer cab and about all manual, the more narrow tires with pressed steel wheels, i know its going to P,O him because he is 4 miles up the road from me and i pull tractor,s with him but my money doesn,t grow on tree,s, He has been on my bad side anyway, We bought a New Z326 Zero turn 2 yrs ago and we wanted to trade it on a new compact 28 horse for my wife just won,t run the Zero turn, it has 112 hrs on it and he doesn,t want to take it back in on trade

I have a great dealer,saleman has been a member of my wifes grandfathers church for a long time and family friend,he will do whatever he can to make me happy plus I spent around 50grand this year Talked to the wife and said can up grade to the 8540,when income tax check comes in:thumbsup: I have already been talking to him about prices and everything,also going to get a 15'batwing.But not going to hold my breath if things dont work out,still happy with what I have.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #100  

Like foreman Etexas; don't do it often, but it's really easy just like on our 5030 which we remove often.

We use a ten foot Woods DS1260 pull type rotary cutter. We don't need weight on flat ground, but we like it on our slopes, so we just leave it on.

We loaded our rear tires and low/wet spots are not a problem, we got the wide tires used on the 9540.