Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #11  
hi the john deere 5083E,5093E,& 5101E are built in goregia. they are very good tractors for the money, i own a 5093E, with a fel and i will put it up against any brand out there . i have nothing to complain about since i bought it approx 1yr ago. its very well built and plenty of power for what ever you need, it will defenitly handle the mower you wish to pull no problems what so ever. go john deer you wont go wrong, i have ran several different brands and i like the deere best.just my .02cts.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540
well thanks for all the comments fellas, I think the cab in the Deere is edging out the kubota. The weight comment came from experience. My neighbor has a 5510 deere that pulls the same mower i was looking at (mx10)(10 footer for anyone who is curious). Anyways, he only has the cast iron rear wheel weights and you gotta take it easy dumping the clutch or the front end will climb easily. I am certain that if I put the FEL on that I will have no problems let alone I plan on ballasting all 4 wheels because I dont wanna mess around with suitcase weights. (I'm young now but my back will thank me later).

I have nothing against the Kubota except the cab and the guarding around the fuel tank. The deere seems like the cab is quieter and is laid out more to what I am used to. The fuel tank guarding looks like a thin piece of sheet metal. The deere has about 1/4" wrapped around it. I still hate where the tanks are on both machines but I can't exactly change that.

I want to thank everyone again for the comments I think Im leaning pretty hard towards a 5083E limited with an mx10 mower and a 563 loader. Now I just have to figure out if I can hand over the green for the green machine.:thumbsup:

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #13  
well thanks for all the comments fellas, I think the cab in the Deere is edging out the kubota. The weight comment came from experience. My neighbor has a 5510 deere that pulls the same mower i was looking at (mx10)(10 footer for anyone who is curious). Anyways, he only has the cast iron rear wheel weights and you gotta take it easy dumping the clutch or the front end will climb easily. I am certain that if I put the FEL on that I will have no problems let alone I plan on ballasting all 4 wheels because I dont wanna mess around with suitcase weights. (I'm young now but my back will thank me later).

I have nothing against the Kubota except the cab and the guarding around the fuel tank. The deere seems like the cab is quieter and is laid out more to what I am used to. The fuel tank guarding looks like a thin piece of sheet metal. The deere has about 1/4" wrapped around it. I still hate where the tanks are on both machines but I can't exactly change that.

I want to thank everyone again for the comments I think Im leaning pretty hard towards a 5083E limited with an mx10 mower and a 563 loader. Now I just have to figure out if I can hand over the green for the green machine.:thumbsup:

A three point MX10 is a beast for weight that I would want at least a 6000 series for. A mx10 may be exactly what you want, but for me the mx8 is too wide for a rigid mower. I personally would prefer a 15' batwing. I like the 563 loader with global quick attach and the third valve I added has been nice.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #14  
A three point MX10 is a beast for weight that I would want at least a 6000 series for. A mx10 may be exactly what you want, but for me the mx8 is too wide for a rigid mower. I personally would prefer a 15' batwing. I like the 563 loader with global quick attach and the third valve I added has been nice.

There's a BIG difference in price between the mx10 and a 15" batwing. You also need another remote. Otherwise, I agree.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #15  

We used a Woods 121 on a three point on our CX80 for quite a few years, but when we went with a Woods DS1260, we got it in a pull type. In these size tractors, you can easily get more weight on the 3-point than you need.

A 15 foot bat wing was not needed for our purposes, but are really great for a lot of applications.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #16  
a batwing is good when you want todo alot of shredding as quick as possable.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #17  
I just went through the buying process about a month ago and had been looking closely at the deere vs kubota for the last 4-5 months. I first had my eyes set on the deere but after looking at all my research I went with the kubota for a few reasons. As far as price was concerned the deere was actually $2k cheaper but when I factored in the 0% for 60 on kubota vs 1.9% on deere for 60 then financing cost made the price the same. The deere doesn't come standard with 2 cab doors, it only has the left door. The 3pt hitch arms use chains instead of pins to control where the attachment is at, doesn't usually matter but if you need to offset a disc mower or plow then it is a big deal. The deere only comes with bias ply tires, radial are not an option. If you are really concerned on where a tractor is built I feel that deere is not fully honest where the E series is made. The term "built" can have differing meanings. The E series is actually built in India, the cab made in mexico and they are assembled in georgia. If you really want the usa made deere you have to get the M series which is why they are $10k more expensive. The kubota interior noise is actually the same db rating as the deere. I drove both and made my decision as you will have to as well.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #18  
I just went through the buying process about a month ago and had been looking closely at the deere vs kubota for the last 4-5 months. I first had my eyes set on the deere but after looking at all my research I went with the kubota for a few reasons. As far as price was concerned the deere was actually $2k cheaper but when I factored in the 0% for 60 on kubota vs 1.9% on deere for 60 then financing cost made the price the same. The deere doesn't come standard with 2 cab doors, it only has the left door. The 3pt hitch arms use chains instead of pins to control where the attachment is at, doesn't usually matter but if you need to offset a disc mower or plow then it is a big deal. The deere only comes with bias ply tires, radial are not an option. If you are really concerned on where a tractor is built I feel that deere is not fully honest where the E series is made. The term "built" can have differing meanings. The E series is actually built in India, the cab made in mexico and they are assembled in georgia. If you really want the usa made deere you have to get the M series which is why they are $10k more expensive. The kubota interior noise is actually the same db rating as the deere. I drove both and made my decision as you will have to as well.

I think you were looking at a different model.

The 5083E-5101E has two cab doors and the 3pt hitch does not use chains. Are there parts on the tractor that aren't mined and forged in Augusta, GA? Of course.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #19  
Are there parts on the tractor that aren't mined and forged in Augusta, GA? Of course.

GA is a common assembly point for most companies. Very little is actually built there. The likly case is as was described where major assemblies are done elsewhere and simply bolted together in GA. I don't have any special knowledge about that particular model, but this would be the norm in the tractor business.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #20  
It is also common in some firearms as many Walther PPK pistols stamped "Made in Germany" were actually manufactured by Manhurin in France. Only some "assembly" will qualify many products to claim "manufactured in".

Whether or not this is of any importance is up to the individual I suppose.