Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540
Originally Posted by foreman Etexas
Pull-type

Once you go pull-type you never go back!

I will never go back to a pull type. :thumbsup: I used a 6 footer behind a smaller john deere and it was miserable, I hated trying to get my trimming around my edges done, with a full or semi mount, she backs in smooth as glass. no cocking the tractor or getting fancy backing up at at.

I can def tell that 10 footer is behind me, but all four tires loaded and the loader on, i cant even make the front end feel light in my normal mowing stuff

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #42  
I think you were looking at a different model.

The 5083E-5101E has two cab doors and the 3pt hitch does not use chains. Are there parts on the tractor that aren't mined and forged in Augusta, GA? Of course.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that the only thing native to Georgia was Kudzu.:D

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #43  
I will never go back to a pull type. :thumbsup: I used a 6 footer behind a smaller john deere and it was miserable, I hated trying to get my trimming around my edges done, with a full or semi mount, she backs in smooth as glass. no cocking the tractor or getting fancy backing up at at.

I can def tell that 10 footer is behind me, but all four tires loaded and the loader on, i cant even make the front end feel light in my normal mowing stuff

I like mowing up against the fence better with the pull-type and on the open cab the mower is further away from you and dust isnt getting all over you.But different stroke for different folks(3piont mower is in the weeds somewhere).:D

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #44  
I like mowing up against the fence better with the pull-type and on the open cab the mower is further away from you and dust isn't getting all over you.But different stroke for different folks(3piont mower is in the weeds somewhere).:D

When we got our DS1260 three years ago, we kept our 3PH Woods 121 10' in case we needed it for trimming and such; hasn't been on a tractor since.

I do have a 3PH Land Pride RCR2672 that I use on my L5030 and I really like it.

As you say, different strokes.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #45  
When we got our DS1260 three years ago, we kept our 3PH Woods 121 10' in case we needed it for trimming and such; hasn't been on a tractor since.

I do have a 3PH Land Pride RCR2672 that I use on my L5030 and I really like it.

As you say, different strokes.

Yeah I spray all the fence-lines probaly around 6,8in.off so its makes shredding them easy and keeps the cows from pushing on fence to get grass. Some of the 3point mite be from having to mow all those times with the old massey and a 5ft on about 150ac.(guess I just dont like looking back at them anymore).But I will say it would be alot easy to back the shredder on gooseneck if it was 3pt.See I try to end on a good note::D

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #46  
Hi I will never own a pull type rotary mower, my ground is steep almost to the point you cant climb with a 4x4 tractor. a3pth works good for climbing hills and you can throw it around ,up and down ,and back it easier. you guys can keep your pull type mowers , ive tried them and there a real pain n the ***, and no im not a beginner at farming and mowing, ive been in this buisness for more then 40yrs, and i have more time mowing then i care to admit. pull behind mower also scalp way more then they mow on rough ground , i own 3 tractors and i use only 3pth mowers.heavy duty Woods Brush Bulls and i mow heavy filth up 4" and sometimes bigger. 1 tractor has dualls both are 4x4 with full cabs and FELs , i mow with the FEL on and off. pull type mowers are ok for wide open areas and level ground ,and maybe some hill side work but not for me or my operation. just my .02cts have a good 1.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #47  
Hi I will never own a pull type rotary mower, my ground is steep almost to the point you cant climb with a 4x4 tractor. a3pth works good for climbing hills and you can throw it around ,up and down ,and back it easier. you guys can keep your pull type mowers , ive tried them and there a real pain n the ***, and no im not a beginner at farming and mowing, ive been in this buisness for more then 40yrs, and i have more time mowing then i care to admit. pull behind mower also scalp way more then they mow on rough ground , i own 3 tractors and i use only 3pth mowers.heavy duty Woods Brush Bulls and i mow heavy filth up 4" and sometimes bigger. 1 tractor has dualls both are 4x4 with full cabs and FELs , i mow with the FEL on and off. pull type mowers are ok for wide open areas and level ground ,and maybe some hill side work but not for me or my operation. just my .02cts have a good 1.

I havent ever pulled a 3pt-12 ft shredder but your saying both set a same hieght,the pull-type will scalp more,if its that bad isnt the tractor going to be moving the shredder around alot and when the tire dips down the front of the shredder digs in?When you crest over the hill the rear of the tractor goes up,does the shredder go up with?Just asking!!

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #48  
I cant see putting this shredder in a 3point on this tractor. 5040 and ds1440.JPG kubota M5040

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #50  
How does your machine handle that cutter. I have an M7040SUD. I have an older 6 foot cutter that it handles very easily. But I've wondered how it might handle something bigger.

The 5040 does really well in lighter stuff.The 7040 only bogs down if you get it in thick goatweeds but if you run it in 3 low never any problems. Most of the time you can shred in 4 low,or 1 high in decent stuff with the 7040 but kinda depends on what your gonna mow.