Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Default Re: Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540

-shredding1-jpg the 7040 with the 12ft mower

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MWFD, Kubota L3400 HST

foreman Etexas How do those kubotas do with the heavy farming? I was seriously debating before I posted on here and I'm still somewhat curious how they hold up. I know their CUTs are awesome but my money is on the John Deere for the serious ag work. I'm very happy with my purchase so far! Going to have to see how many bottoms she will pull next spring!

I agree about alot easier backing the 3pt on the trailer except when it hangs over the edges a foot on each side! I'm going to have to get creative when I need to haul it, I Guess I'm gonna have to make up a lifting sling until I get some more quick attach toys. It should be interesting to see how that loader handles picking up the weight of the mower instead of just being a counter weight!

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckRacin View Post
    foreman Etexas How do those kubotas do with the heavy farming? I was seriously debating before I posted on here and I'm still somewhat curious how they hold up. I know their CUTs are awesome but my money is on the John Deere for the serious ag work. I'm very happy with my purchase so far! Going to have to see how many bottoms she will pull next spring!

I agree about alot easier backing the 3pt on the trailer except when it hangs over the edges a foot on each side! I'm going to have to get creative when I need to haul it, I Guess I'm gonna have to make up a lifting sling until I get some more quick attach toys. It should be interesting to see how that loader handles picking up the weight of the mower instead of just being a counter weight!
    We run the crap out the kubotas,but im guessing with all the tractors these days its nothing like the old deeres we use to run.But for the money you cant go wrong with a kubota the only thing I regret is not getting the 8540 and a batwing the 7040 would pull it im sure but woud be a load. The kubotas operator station is what got me looking at them and knowing alot of people that own them and have had good luck. My buddy is the one who bales my hay he owns 3 deeres,and he bought a new tractor with the 4cyl. for baling and actually went back to using the older one with 6cyl. but he swares by them and really houded me about getting one but I just had to buy another kubota. We only have about 300 acres.that we work(hay cattle operations)and around 200 ac.(woods, r.o.w and trails)so I think thats going to fall into the light farming. I also do some shredding and spraying for others

Tractor
    Kubota M9000 Hyd Kubota M105 shuttle

My comment is, I live in SERIOUS DEERE country and I'm color blind. Paint notwithstanding, it's how the power gets to the ground, number one, longevity, number 2, economy number 3 and comfort number 4.
    I've owned green in the past but I've owned 14 kubota's now and all have been very trouble free...(with the exception of the wimpy, but fixable ac).

One thing I like about the Kubota is the palnetaries are inboard and not outboard like Deeres and plenty of alemite fittings (at least on the big tractors). I'm a grease fanatic.

I'm also a fanatic about not topping the fuel tanks everyday. I hear the new Deere's are hard on fuel, not that the old ones weren't. The 40 series had trouble passing the farm tank......

My local Deere dealer is always trying to get me in a Deere (I have some JD implenents and an account with them). They went so far as to offer me a loaner tractor last year to 'try out'. I passed.

That's not to say I won't ever own a Deere, just not in the foreseeable future.

I guess I'm partial to Kubota for another reason as well. The company I retired from (and now work at part time)(beats being a greeter at Walmart) supplies quite a bit of the flat rolled high strength steel that Kubota makes their attachments from. All the attachments, including the LA loaders on the 105 and M, were made in Georgia with steel supplied mostly by my employer. They also supply the high strength flat rolled material that Titan Wheel rolls into ag rims for Kubota and everyone else.

I guess that owning Kubota's is an investment in my employer as well.
    A couple Kubota's and some payment books.....
    "If haying was easy, everyone would do it. It isn't."

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

kubota tractors will hold up just as well as NH or JD tractors.an the kubota is a tough tractor.ive always thought when you buy JD that your paying big money for the name an green paint.but bottomline is there are some people that stays brand loyal no matter what.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by 5030 View Post

One thing I like about the kubota is the palnetaries are inboard and not outboard like Deeres and plenty of alemite fittings (at least on the big tractors). I'm a grease fanatic.

I am curious about the above, most Deere's I am familiar with above the 3000 series are inboard planetary drives. The Deere 5083E limited in question is inboard planetary at any rate.

Tractor

All the larger tractors (90 PTO and up) are outboard at least from what I observe. The hubs are much larger to house the planetaries. kubota has their's inboard in the end housing.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by bigbull338 View Post
    kubota tractors will hold up just as well as NH or JD tractors.an the kubota is a tough tractor.ive always thought when you buy JD that your paying big money for the name an green paint.but bottomline is there are some people that stays brand loyal no matter what.
    They are all competitive across lines no matter what color, except the box store JD lawnmowers. In my view, other than a profit venture for JD, that was a mistake. It makes (JD) look cheap though it allows the average homeowner bragging rights.... cause I have a JD....

I don't believe the box store lawnmowers are made in Horicon. I imagine they are made by MTD, painted green and boxed up, but I could be wrong.

Initially, my reason for buying my first Kubota was no matter what brand you buy, JD, NH, Case, Massy, Kioti, Mahindra or the third world tractors, all the powerplants and drives are made elsewhere and in some cases, the entire unit. Japan is synonomus for quality products, they learn very well from us. Why would I buy a tractor that was sourced from a foreign country and badged with an American brand. Just buy the foreign unit, in my case Japanese because of the quality issue. Kioti wasn't around when I bought the first Kubota, neither was Manhindra or a few others. It was JD, Case, IH, NH Ford and Kubota.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    john deere 5093 4x4

Hi I will stay GREEN all GREEN! i like john deere ag. equipement and industrial equipement. I also like VERMEER hay equipement. In my oppinion the others all copy the best and i believe in keeping my investment with a company that started in this country such as john deere etc............ just my .02 cts.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I don't believe there is any such thing as "the best", lots of companies make really good equipment and I have seen foreign made stuff with quality superior to domestic products.

I worked long and hard for my money and do not feel compelled or inclined to give it to someone just because of a brand name or location. I have red, green, orange and gray; don't really know what color my next one will be for sure.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast