Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #61  
I don't believe there is any such thing as "the best", lots of companies make really good equipment and I have seen foreign made stuff with quality superior to domestic products.

I worked long and hard for my money and do not feel compelled or inclined to give it to someone just because of a brand name or location. I have red, green, orange and gray; don't really know what color my next one will be for sure.

your hooked on orange,so your next 1 will orange im sure.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #62  
All the larger tractors (90 PTO and up) are outboard at least from what I observe. The hubs are much larger to house the planetaries. Kubota has their's inboard in the end housing.

Can you reference a Deere tractor with outboard planetaries? All of the tractors I can remember owning from the 820, 3020, 4020, 110tlb and 4520 all have inboard planetary drives. All the current 4x20, 5xxx, 6xxx and 7xxx tractors are inboard planetary drives, specs and even pictures are available on the Deere web site for all of the current models.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #63  
I'm also a fanatic about not topping the fuel tanks everyday. I hear the new Deere's are hard on fuel, not that the old ones weren't. The 40 series had trouble passing the farm tank......

Here are 2 links to comparable JD and Kubota at Nebraska tractor tests.

Kubota M9000DT-about 80 HP
http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/Misc-tests/KubotaM9000DT.pdf

JD 5093E - about 80 HP
http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/Deere/5093E.pdf

SURPRISE!!! At max power and many other conditions, the Kubota burns MORE fuel.

Also, home depot deere mowers are not MTDs no more than your tractor is a rebadged shing dou zhou.:D

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #64  
Also the JD beats the Kubota (in the tests) in max torque and max torque rise by a significant margin. Torque is what gets the work done.

The Kubota is however, about 1100lbs lighter unladen.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #65  
JohnDeere 5083E 83hp engine & 65 pto
Kubota 8540 85hp engine & 75 pto
Guess that part was left out,but the kubota is lighter (true number is 6065lbs vs 7385lbs)=1320
Were is the test between these tractors...

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #66  
JohnDeere 5083E 83hp engine & 65 pto
Kubota 8540 85hp engine & 75 pto
Guess that part was left out,but the kubota is lighter by 1100lbs
Were is the test between these tractors...

I think which tractors are compared is a valid point, so how do you go about finding the proper test reports from Nebraska?

I think the issue here is more about misrepresentation and or "blanket statements". My own expectation would be that a new Kubota and a new Deere would be close enough in fuel consumption to be a wash.
Both brands use an inboard planetary final drive and this is easier to work with varying tire width positions.

I think everyone should buy the brand that they prefer after all it is their money, that is what I do.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #67  
your hooked on orange,so your next 1 will orange I'm sure.

Probably, but it depends on the size to some extent and whether I buy new or used. In a year or two if I needed a SCUT, I would go with a John Deere 1026 if they live up to expectations. My brother and I have bought used Ford, Case and Massey Ferguson and thankfully this tractor sold pretty quick.:licking:

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #68  
well id most likely go back to kubota buying new/used,if i could find the tractor i wanted with hydrolic shift.but then again i might look at a massy tractor if they had what i wanted.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #69  
Can you reference a Deere tractor with outboard planetaries? All of the tractors I can remember owning from the 820, 3020, 4020, 110tlb and 4520 all have inboard planetary drives. All the current 4x20, 5xxx, 6xxx and 7xxx tractors are inboard planetary drives, specs and even pictures are available on the Deere web site for all of the current models.

My reference is looking at pictures and at the dealer. I'm not cognizant of model numbers on JD. Big yellow hubs to me are outboard. Big yellow hubs mean special rims.

Here are 2 links to comparable JD and Kubota at Nebraska tractor tests.

Kubota M9000DT-about 80 HP
http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/Misc-tests/KubotaM9000DT.pdf

JD 5093E - about 80 HP
http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/Deere/5093E.pdf

SURPRISE!!! At max power and many other conditions, the Kubota burns MORE fuel.

Also, home depot deere mowers are not MTDs no more than your tractor is a rebadged shing dou zhou.:D

Again, don't know and really don't care. I stated that I 'presumed' they were, not that they are. Kubota, unlike lots of other tractors, aren't 'rebadged' anything. In fact, Kubota sued Kioti a few years back for Trade Dress Infringement because Kioti was following Kubota's lead too closely. It was widely discussed on this forum, about to death. I do know from looking at the JD box store units, that they are cheaply made and resemble the MTD product line.

Again, the box store segment is all about 'one up manship' in suburbia. I don't ascribe to that train of thought. Any machine to me, is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. I don't need a 12 pound sledge to drive a tack but I don't need a tack hammer to break concrete either.

Far as the Nebraska Tractor tests, that's not real world operation, only a basis for comparison. Back in the day, the Nebraska tests touted the 4030 as the tractor for the age. It was and still is a fuel hog. I find both my Kubota's in real world operation (on my operation that is), to be very fuel efficient. Fuel plays a large part in my bottom line. In suburbia, it don't mean squat.

well id most likely go back to kubota buying new/used,if i could find the tractor i wanted with hydrolic shift.but then again i might look at a massy tractor if they had what i wanted.

It's your money, spend it as you see fit. That's my credo.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #70  
Well I'd most likely go back to Kubota buying new/used, if I could find the tractor I wanted with hydraulic shift. But then again I might look at a Massey tractor if they had what I wanted.

Probably the difference is you probably have more sense than I and use all your tractors. I just like tractors and have a fondness for old Fords as I used them on the farm much of my early life. Heck, I can hardly drive them any more. If I was buying new right now for myself, it would be a Kubota. We have different properties with different family members owning/operating, so that is often a consideration.