Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #71  
JohnDeere 5083E 83hp engine & 65 pto
Kubota 8540 85hp engine & 75 pto
Guess that part was left out,but the kubota is lighter (true number is 6065lbs vs 7385lbs)=1320
Were is the test between these tractors...

Foreman, If you click on the links, you'll see that I'm comparing roughly equal tractors, not the one's you quoted. There aren't many Kubota tests due to Kubota not submitting machines or not meeting criteria to be tested. It is an AG tractor testing facility.

Daryl, I'll remit that the lighter weight may be the only extenuating parameter which would be advantageous for haying/pto usage and fuel consumption but not for ground engagement. Nebraska tests are done to laboratory specs and are probably the only way to distinguish between facts and poppycock. I'm not knocking Kubota. Just misinformation. I like Kubotas too, it's just that my JD dealer is so close and they take such good care of me. Call 'em from work and they'll leave parts out by the HVAC on the side of the building to be paid for when I can get there during working hours.
PS, for whatever reasons, they've had 2 Kubota 9000's MFWD traded in for deeres in the last 3 years. OTOH, I've seen deere traded in at Kubota dealers....different strokes for different folks.
Another local dealer says Deutz is not importing tractors this year due to the economy. He has even offered to let them use his land as a no cost staging area for a year if they want.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #72  
After spending a few minutes searching the Nebraska test reports available online currently I think Kyle picked the best tractors to compare from what tests are available. If anyone wants to pay the $35 dollar fees per report I am sure you can get a closer comparison and match.

I would liike to see reports on the Kubota 8540 and Deere 5083E to make a direct comparison, just for the record.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #73  
Here are 2 links to comparable JD and Kubota at Nebraska tractor tests.

Kubota M9000DT-about 80 HP
http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/Misc-tests/KubotaM9000DT.pdf

JD 5093E - about 80 HP
http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/Deere/5093E.pdf

SURPRISE!!! At max power and many other conditions, the Kubota burns MORE fuel.

Also, home depot deere mowers are not MTDs no more than your tractor is a rebadged shing dou zhou.:D

I looked at the links provided for the Nebraska tests and came to a slightly different conclusion. If you look at operating the engines to get 540 PTO rpm speed the kubota makes more power and burns less fuel than the Deere.
Kubota: 79.4 HP at 2205 engine rpm which gives 540 PTO rpm and consumes 4.87 gallons of fuel per hour.
JD: 76.6 HP at 2400 engine rpm which gives PTO speed 538 rpm and consumes 4.93 gallons per hour.

The kubota test was performed in 1998. The JD is a newer model and the test was performed in 2009.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #74  
After spending a few minutes searching the Nebraska test reports available online currently I think Kyle picked the best tractors to compare from what tests are available. If anyone wants to pay the $35 dollar fees per report I am sure you can get a closer comparison and match.

I would liike to see reports on the Kubota 8540 and Deere 5083E to make a direct comparison, just for the record.

The test has nothing to do with the tractors we have been talking about,so im not going to waste my time looking!!!

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #76  
calm down

I was just saying in my softest voice I just didnt see any reason to look at the test.I would if it was the one between these two tractors cause I have the 7040 and would like to see what one comes out better.I regret not getting the 8540 and a batwing thats it,nothing more than that:D

Im not against any of the other brands,open to all!!!

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #77  
I was just saying in my softest voice I just didnt see any reason to look at the test.I would if it was the one between these two tractors cause I have the 7040 and would like to see what one comes out better.I regret not getting the 8540 and a batwing thats it,nothing more than that:D

My sentiment as well. Especially if the representative dealer drops of a machine for me to 'test' at no charge. I've had that happen before.

I've run green, blue and red but I own orange. Go figure..

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #78  

I am not against any of them either but my preferences would be for Deere and Kubota. As I mentioned in an earlier post I suspect the fuel differences would be a wash.

For me it was easy to choose Deere as the Kubota dealer is about 125 miles away from me. New Mexico's population density is low enough you have to travel for almost everything. I don't know where the nearest MF dealer is but it isn't anywhere close. My Boston Whaler boat dealer is south of Denver about 550 miles away. This is just to give some examples that people in the eastern side of the US don't have to consider.

The only tractor I have ever had that I disliked was an IH 460 gas burner.

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #79  
Foreman, sorry I wasted your time........but we love to argue politely around here.:D

Here's my latest Kabooty bash, "Them thar Kaboodys wouldn't pull a buttered string out of a hog's ar$e.":p

Folks, fuel usage is pretty much a wash between competitive makes nowadays.

Buy whatever blows your skirt up.;)

/ Deere 5083E limited VS. Kubota M8540 #80  
Foreman, sorry I wasted your time........but we love to argue politely around here.:D

Here's my latest Kabooty bash, "Them thar Kaboodys wouldn't pull a buttered string out of a hog's ar$e.":p

Folks, fuel usage is pretty much a wash between competitive makes nowadays.

Buy whatever blows your skirt up.;)

No time wasted here,didnt bother looking:D
Were still cool,when that Deere gets in a bind you can always call on my BOTA to help a fella texan out