Help pricing Yanmar 226d

/ Help pricing Yanmar 226d #1  

jagalluzzo

I am looking at a Yanmar 226D, 4wd, with 5 foot woods mower, and a spreader (which I won't need). The people selling are asking 5200. It is in good shape, runs well, and they have manuals for it. They said it was a 1992?... but from my research.. didn't they stop production in 1983? And is this a fair price? My quess is it is too high. I am very interested in the 22 hp tractor... what would a fair offer be?
Thanks,
Jackie

/ Help pricing Yanmar 226d #2  
How many hours? What type of woods mower, finish or brush hog? Finish mower is probably a more expensive mower. To me the price doesn't sound that out of line, but I haven't been shopping the market. I have a 1987 147 that I bought in 1989 with 200 hours on it and a yanmar finish mower for the same money. Mine was like new when I got it. It wasn't a bargain but it has been a good machine. Still pretty much that way only with more hours. The USA models tend to bring more money than the gray market models.

/ Help pricing Yanmar 226d
Gary,
It has about 900 hours and it is a finish mower.
Thanks
Jackie

/ Help pricing Yanmar 226d
Its actually a woods rm59-3 finish mower.
Thanks

/ Help pricing Yanmar 226d #5  
hard to say on the price. Did you post this in the Yanmar forum? It will definately get more response there.