Markup on lawn & garden tractors

/ Markup on lawn & garden tractors #1  

Tractorguy1038

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet Yanmar EX 3200
I'm trying to figure what the markup is on a $2,000 Cub Cadet at a fairly good sized dealer. The dealer owes me from a previous deal that he screwed up on. I'm thinking I might have to spend more and get the machine rather than haggle with him over how much cash he should return to me on the original deal.

Knowing the markup would give me a good idea of how to proceed. Anybody have any idea ?

/ Markup on lawn & garden tractors #2  
Seems the best, and only, way to get your due out of a dealer is to go to a different one to buy.

/ Markup on lawn & garden tractors #3  
most dealer markups are 15 to 20%,the profit margins arnt as high as you might think.when i buy i squeeze the salesmen an dealer as tight as i can before i make a deal.

/ Markup on lawn & garden tractors #4  
I'm trying to figure what the markup is on a $2,000 Cub Cadet at a fairly good sized dealer. The dealer owes me from a previous deal that he screwed up on. I'm thinking I might have to spend more and get the machine rather than haggle with him over how much cash he should return to me on the original deal.

Knowing the markup would give me a good idea of how to proceed. Anybody have any idea ?

I have heard that lawn and garden margins are slim, and they try to make it up with repeated service since you need blades, filters, belts, etc fairly often.

If I were you, I'd just price the same unit at a few other dealers. That will tell you if the dealer has bumped the price to cover what he owes you.

/ Markup on lawn & garden tractors
Thanks to all for the reponses. Always helpful to know what others think.

/ Markup on lawn & garden tractors #7  
I just bought a new leftover 2010 Simplicity Conquest for $5,200. The dealer had it listed for $5,900 and change. Of course I tried to get it for less but he said he was giving it to me for his cost at $5,200 and that wasn't even taking into account what he to pay his help to assemble and set it up. Actually the deck setup was not right anyway but everything else was fine. $5,200 plus 13.5% is $5,902 so yeah, 10% to 15% sounds right.