Comparison Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor #1  

JustinE

Bronze Member
I've got 2 yards that I mow that have about 7 acres each. I've been thinking about a zero turn but have recently started considering a smaller tractor with a front end loader, which would come in handy for yard work. So far I have looked at a Kubota B3200 with the hydrostatic transmission and been highly encouraged to look at a Massey Ferguson BC2600. I'd like something with a 60" mid pto deck, capable of going on road, and a hydrostatic transmission. I'm wondering what you guys would recommend.

Thank you!

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor #2  
There is a big difference between those two tractors as to size and cost. I had the Massey GC and my neighbor still has a Massey GC2300 (previous model to the current GC2400 & GC2600) that he uses primarily to mow. The deck on his tractor provides a perfect cut while a pto drive for a mower transfers all the power to the blades.
The Kubota B3200 uses a mowing deck that rides on the wheels of the deck and does not "float". For a floating deck you would look at the Kubota B2320, 2620, 2920 or the BX series. Of those, for primarily mowing, I would recommend the B2320 or the BX series with turf tires.

You did not mention any other uses except mowing, and if that is the case, compared to the cost of the tractors above you could get a zero turn with diesel and pto driven deck. A zero turn would cut the fastest and eliminate the most trimming...if that is an important consideration.
tp

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor #3  
The best mowers are not the best loaders, and visa-versa. Best mowing tractor is a JD X749. It's all-wheel steel, all wheel drive, in a very short wheelbase, making it almost as manueverable as a zero turn and fitting where most CUTs/SCUTs can't. But, it can't be had with a loader. The X748 gives up AWS but then supports a small loader (similar to a small BX). These are awesome mowers, snow movers (plow or blow), tillers, and general garden tools, but not much for real loader work. Easy on the lawn, easy to store, easy to tow. Extremely reliable. Outstandingly engineered for easy maintenance and attachment design.

ZTs are the fastest, assuming your lanscape lends itself to using one: flat, smooth. But, really only good for mowing. Tractors are more versatile; can do many other things.

A lot of good options, but no perfect do-it-all-very-well machine.

Best compromise with a mower lean: BX's, JD2320/2520, GCs, B-series botas, smallest NH, LS, cub cadet diesels, TYM T233 or T273

Best loaders that can mow: Kioti CKs, Bobcat CTs, small Mahindras, TYM T293, JD 2520, 2720, and 3000 series, bota grand-Ls, NH boomers with supersteer.

I don't like using a loader with the mower deck underneath. So, mower/loader on/off are important to me. In this area, no one beats JD, especially in the 2000/3000 series.

The new JD1026R might be worth checking out too, if they ever release it to market.

Best buy: Kioti/Bobcat, but they are heavy.

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor
Thanks! I'm also wanting something that can move mulch an top soil and plow the garden as well as mow.

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor #5  
Tompet;2384838 said:
There is a big difference between those two tractors as to size and cost.
The op got off on the wrong foot right off the bat as the tractors he mentions are not similar.

I have only been to a Kubota dealership since it's closest and haven't gotten around to checking out the others. How are they different? Oh, I checked out Bobcat and Kioti. Nearest one is an hour away, so probably not an option.

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor #7  
The best advice I can give you is spend a LOT of time looking at the tractors on the websites, print off specs to compare. Of course do a lot of research on TBN then go to the dealerships to look at them "in the flesh" so to speak. Drive them as much as they will let you, then think about it some more.

I once went convinced I needed a B2920 and bought a BX2660 and another time I went to buy a B3200 or 3030 and bought a L5030 HSTC. Neither is what I thought I needed initially, but turned out to be the right choice. When we bought our M8540, we were replacing an 80 HP Case CX with cab, so we knew what we wanted then.

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor #8  
I have only been to a Kubota dealership since it's closest and haven't gotten around to checking out the others. How are they different? Oh, I checked out Bobcat and Kioti. Nearest one is an hour away, so probably not an option.

Really? You won't drive an hour at least to check them out? An hour is nothing. And once you buy you may never need to go back. I'd drive 2 hours each way, or maybe more if there was a possibility of getting more tractor for same or less money. When I was shopping, I drove 45 minutes to test drive and then bought the same tractor from a dealer that is 4 hours away. Saved thousands. Dealer has been great, and I've never been to his shop.

I'm just hesitant with gas prices near $4 a gallon. Maybe if they'd get a little lower I would try to find the dealerships.

/ Kubota B3200, MF GC2600 or similar tractor #10  
Well,

Let's see. The internet is right in front of you, so "finding" the dealer is easy. That's what google is for. You can even get directions right to their parking lot.
That way you won't waist gas driving around.

Second, you are talking about spending $12-15,000 on a tractor but you won't spend $12 in gas to look at them and maybe save a $1,000 or so? When you are serious about putting some money down, you really need to spend a few bucks to buy the gas to try out several brands. They are definitely not all equal.