direct or semi direct injection??

/ direct or semi direct injection?? #1  

mopar

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 ehydro mfwd
hi to all,just starting to look for a compact tractor.i see one brand has direct injection and others use semi direct injection.
i was wondering what the difference is and are there advantages to one over the other? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ direct or semi direct injection?? #2  
In the new tractors 6 one and half dozen other.
The dealer has as much to do w/ what brand of tractor
u get as the brand does.
Look at some of the posts and u see good ones and not
so good ones (got to be PC).

/ direct or semi direct injection?? #3  
Mopar, bottom line is that I wouldn't let the "direct vs. indirect" injection issue make much difference in selecting a tractor; however, this topic has been discussed at considerable length in the past, so there are more than one thread devoted to the matter. I think that this link is possibly the best one on the topic.

/ direct or semi direct injection?? #4  
I will chime in with Tim and Bird, the single most important issue when buying a CUT is the dealer. Actually, the same advice applies to probably every major purchase we make. You buy a tractor once, it gets service (both normal and warranty) for a lifetime. Long after the tractor is paid for, long after the glow of newness wears off, long after the satisfaction of getting a good deal is forgotten, you're left with the you, the tractor and the dealer.

(1.) Identify what you know you want to do with the tractor.
(2.) Identify what you think you might want to do with the tractor.
(3.) Visit all your local dealers, tell them what you wrote down in (1) and (2)
(4.) Communicate with some distant dealers and tell them the same things.
(5.) Talk to other customers of the dealer.
(6.) Pick the dealer with the best reputation for honesty and service.
(7.) Arrive at a price.
(8.) Buy the tractor and implements to accomplish tasks from Item (1.) and, perhaps some from Item (2.)

Notice I did not mention type of engine, tractor color or brand.

While it can be fun and entertaining to debate topics such as engine type, tire types, transmission types, ad nauseum, these issues wont matter when your tractor is out of service, being ignored by an indifferent dealer.

I didn't mean to launch into a sermon /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, but I've known people who dive right into the technical minutiae of tractors and barely consider who they will buy the tractor from. It's as if they expend all their tractor buying energy on the technical details, run out of steam, or time, when it comes to visiting dealers and figure any old dealer will do. Sometimes they live to regret this. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ direct or semi direct injection??
thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifby no means was this to be my determining factor as to the tractor i would buy,i was looking to see how it worked and if one started better, ran smoother or had less smell,etc than the other.
bird that was an intresting link,kubota using both styles and saying both are better /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks johnmilleriii,it looks more like it is companys trying to meet emissions than anything else,using what they know to meet new emission laws.

/ direct or semi direct injection?? #7  
These two Injection processes have been around a very long time ... a lot longer than the EPA emission concerns ...
Leo

/ direct or semi direct injection?? #8  
bird was going to say the same thing but u did better.

/ direct or semi direct injection?? #9  
Hey Frank u need to fix your signiture.
<font color="orange"> No orange color. </font>
U have to change the wording in brackets.
Do a reply and poke the orange font color and
u will see the new wording.