Recommend an Ag supply store

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #11  
The only real "rule" on this subject is, there are no rules....More correctly, no "absolutes" as far as who's "best" to buy from. I compare items from a number of sources. Agri Supply as one, Valu-Bilt, Shoup, and a list as long as my arm for other vendors. I've found it best to shop around. In a few instances, I've found some of the best bargains at places generally known for their excessively high prices. And I've seen some ridiculous prices at vendors usually known to be "cheap".

I've bought implements and had them shipped (via truck line) to my door for less than I could buy locally. Not USUALLY the case, but often enough to throw away the idea that local is always cheaper on big ticket items.

Most of my small items usually come from a local co-op.

With the internet @ our finger tips, it's no effort whatsoever to check prices from all available sources.

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #12  
another option on the freight is to have it shipped to a local terminal. Often times that saves a significant portion of the freight charge. I just got a set of rops freighted to my local terminal. was a 25 minute ride up the interstate to get to the local terminal so they could forklift the pallate into my pickup.. saved me the curbside and / or lift gate charges had I not been available to be there with a loader to unload the truck.

soundguy

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #13  
another option on the freight is to have it shipped to a local terminal. Often times that saves a significant portion of the freight charge. I just got a set of rops freighted to my local terminal. was a 25 minute ride up the interstate to get to the local terminal so they could forklift the pallate into my pickup.. saved me the curbside and / or lift gate charges had I not been available to be there with a loader to unload the truck.

soundguy

I did just that on a couple Leinbach "yard tool" pulverizers bought from Everything Attachments. They ship free. I had both items palletized and sent to a truck terminal just down the road from us. They were more'n happy to set 'em on my trailer the next day.

Some truck lines think a short ride on a hydraulic lift gate has the same cost per lift as the flippin' space shuttle....:( And I've had 2 drivers tell me semis cannot get in or out of my drive. (Which is BS. I've got a Kenworth tractor and lowboy trailer to haul tractor/batwing mowers. It goes in and out of the drive a dozen times a week)

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #14  
yep.. I had a freight quote on a loader frame.. it was about 40% cheaper to go terminal to terminal, and if there had been lift gate service it would ahve been about another 20-30% that's outragous...

soundguy

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #15  
I've found that either to the terminal or a business with a plenty of room for a truck and a forklift that can unload what ever you bought is about the same. Trucking company just don't like to anything other than drive up and open the door on the trailer and then get a signature. I've also found that some trucking companies do not even like loading pallets onto trailers that are not the same height as the loading dock.

/ Recommend an Ag supply store
I've seen everythingattachments, they look like a decent option. At the very least a good sounding board for prices. I am also thinking local purchase of implements would be best .. Sometimes local is just hard to find what you want tho. Or at the price you want it

/ Recommend an Ag supply store
The only real "rule" on this subject is, there are no rules....More correctly, no "absolutes" as far as who's "best" to buy from. I compare items from a number of sources. Agri Supply as one, Valu-Bilt, Shoup, and a list as long as my arm for other vendors. I've found it best to shop around. In a few instances, I've found some of the best bargains at places generally known for their excessively high prices. And I've seen some ridiculous prices at vendors usually known to be "cheap".

I've bought implements and had them shipped (via truck line) to my door for less than I could buy locally. Not USUALLY the case, but often enough to throw away the idea that local is always cheaper on big ticket items.

Most of my small items usually come from a local co-op.

With the internet @ our finger tips, it's no effort whatsoever to check prices
from all available sources.
good post. Thanks for sharing. That's exactly why I'm looking for suggestions. It would be nice to get everything from one place but not very realistic if you want good prices.

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #18  
Tractor Supply is very good here in Texas for the basic items. I am not sure how many states they are in, but they have good value for me.