Recommend an Ag supply store

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #1  

Sublifer

Gold Member
Tractor
LS 4047
I need some ideas on which stores, primarily online, are the best to deal with. Maybe you found one with the lowest prices, the best shipping policies (free shipping is always nice), the friendliest staff, or maybe some other reason.

I'm looking for a place to buy a variety of supplies and maybe it'll take a couple stores to get it all. Things I'm thinking of are: tractor implements from tillers on down to subsoilers, hydraulic fluid, grease and other lubricants, oil and air filters, tools, seed, and most everything in between.

Wife and I are planning on putting some property to use and I'm sure I'm going to need lots of advice on what to get and where to get it.

Thanks!

John

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #2  
not sure where your located but this past friday had chance to visit a place called msi/agri supply in tifton ga. these guys carry a lot of true farming stuff lots of plow blade bush hogs plows for various types of hook ups lots of oil products chemicals and just plain stuff for house hardware stuff and clothes and they are online also several location around the south based out of north carolina might be worth looking into. good luck

mitch becton

/ Recommend an Ag supply store
Thanks Mitch. I'm down in Mobile, AL so I'll have to check them out online.

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #4  
I have purchased many items from the in Agri supply on line store.. Always great service. Wish they had a store closer.

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #5  
Agri supply. :thumbsup:

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #6  
ditto on agri supply.. but for big items. I'd sure try to find a local dealer otherwise the shipping on implements will eat a hole into your pocket.

soundguy

/ Recommend an Ag supply store
I looked up agri supply. Looks like they have a lot to offer. I got a but lost trying to find stuff! I recently bought a box blade locally and thought I'd check the price on agri supply. Price was a bit high and then they wanted $200+ for shipping! Wow! I thought it was odd that they didn't list the brand or any of the specs, not even weight. Maybe they're better at other ag supplies but I don't think I'd consider them for implements. Any other suggestions?

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #8  
For attachments I would check with (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure). I think almost everything comes with free shipping within 1000 of them.

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #9  
I have purchased many items from the in Agri supply on line store.. Always great service. Wish they had a store closer.

ditto on agri supply.. but for big items. I'd sure try to find a local dealer otherwise the shipping on implements will eat a hole into your pocket.

soundguy

My first and so far only purchase from Agri-Supply was for a Tee-Jet sprayer control kit consisting of a control console, 3-solenoid valves, 1-pressure control valve, and some wiring. The "kit" looked like it was thrown in any old box by a pimply faced 16-year old with pu$$y on his mind. The liquid filled pressure gauge was leaking, which wrecked the console, and a couple of items were missing. Then A-S had the gall to charge me $42 ground shipping. I'll give A-S credit that they sent a new kit out (still put together by the same kid), paid for return shipping of the original kit, and refunded the ridiculous shipping charge for the first go around.

Will I buy from them again? Maybe...maybe not.

We do not have A-S or TSC here in Colorado.

/ Recommend an Ag supply store #10  
i'd almost always opt for local implement dealers vs shipped ones. hard to overcome the value hit of a cheaper unit when you have to pay shipping.. I'd rather pay no shipping and buy a more expensive unit... etc.

soundguy