Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS 4047

Default Recommend an Ag supply store

I need some ideas on which stores, primarily online, are the best to deal with. Maybe you found one with the lowest prices, the best shipping policies (free shipping is always nice), the friendliest staff, or maybe some other reason.

I'm looking for a place to buy a variety of supplies and maybe it'll take a couple stores to get it all. Things I'm thinking of are: tractor implements from tillers on down to subsoilers, hydraulic fluid, grease and other lubricants, oil and air filters, tools, seed, and most everything in between.

Wife and I are planning on putting some property to use and I'm sure I'm going to need lots of advice on what to get and where to get it.

Thanks!

John

Gold Member
    Tractor
    wheel horse c-100

Default Re: Recommend an Ag supply store

not sure where your located but this past friday had chance to visit a place called msi/agri supply in tifton ga. these guys carry a lot of true farming stuff lots of plow blade bush hogs plows for various types of hook ups lots of oil products chemicals and just plain stuff for house hardware stuff and clothes and they are online also several location around the south based out of north carolina might be worth looking into. good luck

mitch becton

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS 4047

Thanks Mitch. I'm down in Mobile, AL so I'll have to check them out online.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040

I have purchased many items from the in Agri supply on line store.. Always great service. Wish they had a store closer.

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Agri supply.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

ditto on agri supply.. but for big items. I'd sure try to find a local dealer otherwise the shipping on implements will eat a hole into your pocket.

soundguy

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS 4047

I looked up agri supply. Looks like they have a lot to offer. I got a but lost trying to find stuff! I recently bought a box blade locally and thought I'd check the price on agri supply. Price was a bit high and then they wanted $200+ for shipping! Wow! I thought it was odd that they didn't list the brand or any of the specs, not even weight. Maybe they're better at other ag supplies but I don't think I'd consider them for implements. Any other suggestions?

For attachments I would check with EverythingAttachments.com. I think almost everything comes with free shipping within 1000 of them.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    A couple

Quote Originally Posted by Stan in TX View Post
    I have purchased many items from the in Agri supply on line store.. Always great service. Wish they had a store closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    ditto on agri supply.. but for big items. I'd sure try to find a local dealer otherwise the shipping on implements will eat a hole into your pocket.

soundguy
    My first and so far only purchase from Agri-Supply was for a Tee-Jet sprayer control kit consisting of a control console, 3-solenoid valves, 1-pressure control valve, and some wiring. The "kit" looked like it was thrown in any old box by a pimply faced 16-year old with pu$$y on his mind. The liquid filled pressure gauge was leaking, which wrecked the console, and a couple of items were missing. Then A-S had the gall to charge me $42 ground shipping. I'll give A-S credit that they sent a new kit out (still put together by the same kid), paid for return shipping of the original kit, and refunded the ridiculous shipping charge for the first go around.

Will I buy from them again? Maybe...maybe not.

We do not have A-S or TSC here in Colorado.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i'd almost always opt for local implement dealers vs shipped ones. hard to overcome the value hit of a cheaper unit when you have to pay shipping.. I'd rather pay no shipping and buy a more expensive unit... etc.

soundguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast