TC 30 vs B-7800

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #1  

crown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
I have been considering trading up to a bigger machine. I have been out kicking tires and test driving and reading sales material. I have noticed that both the TC 30 and the B-7800 are gross HP of 30, however the literature states the TC 30 has 24 PTO HP vs B-7800 22 PTO HP both have similar displacement I don't have the numbers in front of me but I know they are very slight. How does this work? Just curious. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #2  
Not sure how all that works but have a TC 30 about 55 hours and love it. I mow, bush hog and plow with it. Does all well for me.
daryl

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #3  
Are you comparing hydro to hydro? The TC30 is available in hydro & gear, not sure about the 7800.

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #4  
Crown,

I test drove a few of the Kubota's and they were ok. I am partial to Ford/New Holland. The difference in the PTO horsepower I don't think is something you would notice. The big thing is I found the Kubota to be so much more in price. The biggest factor is which dealer are you more comfortable with. If you like the Kubot dealer better than the New Holland then go for it. If the New Holland impresses you more then go for it. Both tractors are reliable but both have thier problems too. Service is a big factor.

Murph

/ TC 30 vs B-7800
Both are hydro models just curious how the numbers come to be. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #6  
I settled on Orange because of the dealers in my area.

Price wise - are you talking hundreds or thousands difference? In my area it was hundreds difference, Blue winning on price.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #7  
When I was shopping tractors the NH has higher PTO HP
for same size machines w/ hydro, I don't know about the
new Kubotas.
I would have to get a larger tractor in other brands to
run a 7' finish mower.

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #8  
PTO HP is one of those issue that gets a ton of focus on this forum and yet we ignore one of the primary reasons for having diesels here. When comparing one tractors specifications to another, we tend to look at the obvious differences like HP, loader lift, overall weight etc. PTO HP is one of those that I have yet to understand why a couple HP is a do or die, make or break issue. We use the PTO at 540 RPM typically for many PTO driven tools. This requires the diesel engine to be somwhere near it's upper RPM range, yet when you look at the torque curve, its maximum torque is at the 1500 to 1700 RPM range. Comparing PTO HP is probably not a great way to decide which tractor you will purchase next. I would only consider well after so many other things like the HST, loader, ergonomics, engine, etc. Rat...

/ TC 30 vs B-7800 #9  
humm i own a kubota but if i had to choose between the two it would be the TC 30. i came close to buying a TC 30 .
I like the 30 over the 7800. hands down.