3016 mahindra vs new holland 1520 is the extra lift capacity worth the loss in hp

/ 3016 mahindra vs new holland 1520 is the extra lift capacity worth the loss in hp #1  

stackingstones

Tractor
mahindra 3016
I have contacted dealers on both and they seem to come out to about the same price and was wondering how much the different lifting capacity would hinder the use in rock removal and and field development.

/ 3016 mahindra vs new holland 1520 is the extra lift capacity worth the loss in hp #2  
I don't know much about Mahindra, but the T1520's low lifting power kind of turned me away. It otherwise looked like a nice machine.

/ 3016 mahindra vs new holland 1520 is the extra lift capacity worth the loss in hp #3  
I have a Mahindra 3016HST and so far I have been very happy with it. Guess it all depends on what your plans for the tractor are. One of the selling points for me is mitsubishi diesels seem to be very dependable. I know two people with cub cadets 7260, 1200 hours, (same 1.3) and 7532, 500 hours, (1.5 TC).
Neither one has had any problems. Also liked 5 year warranty. I have used a 72" finish mower (even though I bought a 60" :(), 66" tiller, and skidded some logs and haven't ran out of hp yet.

/ 3016 mahindra vs new holland 1520 is the extra lift capacity worth the loss in hp #4  
What are the differences in lift are we talking about.

Interested in you location and price if your willing to share.

/ 3016 mahindra vs new holland 1520 is the extra lift capacity worth the loss in hp #5  
That is one of the reasons why I chose my Mahindra 2615 over a comparable HP / size Deere 790. Greater 3 Pt. lift capacity. You never know when you might need that extra lift. My 2615 Mahindra lift is about double what the 30 HP Deere could lift. Dealer could not explain why the Deere lift capacity was so much lower.

/ 3016 mahindra vs new holland 1520 is the extra lift capacity worth the loss in hp #6  
Just a couple of points to consider here.
1. The NH 1520 is their "economy" model in that size. Might be the upscale model in that size would have better specs.
2. The NH 1520 is a smaller tractor than the 3016 Mahindra. Narrower and shorter - almost a foot shorter - will have an impact on how much you should be hanging off the back. On the plus side, that makes it a more nimble machine.
3. It's sometimes tricky comparing numbers. Mahindra, for example, only quotes FEL strength "at the pivot pins", which is more flattering than other FEL measurements, such as "at bucket center" or other measurements you sometimes see from other manufacturers. Don't know if the 3pt specs are like that because the Mahindra site doesn't say how they are measuring; it just quotes a number.

Not defending the NH or knocking Mahindra here... just saying you need to compare similar equipment as much as possible and make sure the specs you're looking at are indeed the same measurements from one tractor to another.