New Holland TN65

/ New Holland TN65 #1  

Anonymous Poster

i see this model for $14,200 in an equipment trader. how does this compare to the Deere 5000 series ? does anyone have this TN 65 at home?

/ New Holland TN65 #2  
I don't have a TN65, I have the TN75 which is the same tractor with a turbo for a few more HP. I have been very happy with it. Does the one you're looking at have a loader? I have the quick attach self leveling loader with an 84" bucket and find it to be a good strong loader. I have not had many 3pt. implements on mine, as usually I have a Woods 1050 backhoe on it. Which transmission does the one your looking at have. How many hours? What tires? There are many tire options of the TN series. What type of work do you plan on doing with the TN65? When I purchased mine, I looked at the Deere 5000's and liked the NH better, in terms of price, capacity and controls. And also the fact that I will admit, I'm a Blue fan.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Andy

/ New Holland TN65 #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i see this model for $14,200 in an equipment trader. )</font>

If it's MFWD... RUN... don't walk to the bank... get the money... and then... SNAP IT UP...! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...we'll worry about the fine details later... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New Holland TN65
this is a new tractor with 2 wheel drive, 8x8 transmission, standard ag tires. i will not be able to get a loader for now. it is mainly for bushhogging, discing, post hole drilling, scoop pan work, and skidding tree limbs. has new holland done right with warranty claims?

/ New Holland TN65 #5  
I own a TN70D. Basically same machine but as andy says a little more hp due to turbo. I also have the cab and 4wd.

I can not say enough good things about this machine,
I have ~100 hrs on it without any problems.

Before I bought this machine I rented a TN65 2wd no cab.
Great machine. This was a used machine. I opted for the 4wd and the extra hp to run hay equipment.

That price is about right for 2wd if it has low hours.
The asking price on the one I rented was about the same.

Fred

/ New Holland TN65 #6  
I have had one of the first TN 65's sold here in my area. It is a MFWD with 32LA loader and 8x8 shuttle tranny. The tractor is great and I have never had a problem with the motor. The original tractors had some problems with linkage parts siezing up but NH pulled all the tractors in that were affected and tore everything down and fixed it. I have not had a problem since with the linkage. I have had other minor problems but NH has been great and my dealer has been exceptional and will do whatever is required to make right with any products I purchase thru them.

For what you are looking at, a 2wd TN 65 should be able to handle a 10' disc but if the ground is really wet, don't try it. If I were you I would look for a 8' transport disc as the tractor would be much happier. I run a 12' and can pull it in 2wd in mid summer when the ground is dry but going up an incline really makes the tractor work. Even with MFWD the tractor has to struggle to get thru wet spots and I do have to raise the disc from time to time. I am looking for a 10' and a 8' disc since I need a 8' disc to get into our pens. If I find a 10' I will probably sell off the 12 or park it till I might need it again. Brush chopping the tractor is great, I only run a 6' Woods because of working around all our fences and post. I do not want anything sticking past the rear wheels that can catch the wire or a stray post and cause me problems. The tractor can handle a 7' easy and depending what and how often you mow you can use a 10' chopper. The tractor will pull just about everything you can ask of it and you will be happy with it. THe price is in line for the tractor you described. MFWD adds about $5k the loader another $5k.

As for comparing to the JD 5000 series, I have heard people complain just as much about the 5000 series as I here them talk about the TN's. The 5000's are not liked by a lot of people but I only have experience around the 5000N's and I see them getting carted off to the shop on a regular basis. So I guess you will be in about the same boat no matter what color you pick. Not all TN's have problems and if they do NH does take care of you. Also, not all JD 5000's have problems but I do not know how JD is for warranty work. I know their parts are not too bad for my JD M. As for parts prices, AGCO is the worst around here which is sad.

In the end, I will be buying another tractor to compliment the TN and it will be a NH. Most likely a TS or TL because of how well my dealer takes care of me. Take care.

/ New Holland TN65 #7  
Hey Robert,

Wait on the new TSA they look good,kinda like the new TGs only smaller. New EEA motor in them too. Who knows might even see a S-Matic in them!!

/ New Holland TN65 #8  
I just saw a recent picture of the New TSA. I hadn't been following the rumor mills much and didn't expect the new looks. I am getting use to the new TG looks but prefer the old solid looks of the Genesis. I probably won't buy till next year as we need to aquire more land to justify it. So, more land this year, new tractor next year. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Take care.

/ New Holland TN65 #9  
" Even with MFWD the tractor has to struggle to get thru wet spots and I do have to raise the disc from time to time. "

Have you tried using draft control instead of position control?

/ New Holland TN65 #10  
I believe he's talking about a drawn type disc. If I'm wrong, then please disregard. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif