John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #21  
Okie,

The problem you have with that is the wheels of you mmm will still be dragging in the dirt. My neighbor came over to help move some dirt and that was his problem even in the high positon. The wheels would get in the loose dirt and not turn straight and would end up digging a path where they were. I would buy the kit. One thing about the Deere Mower. It does come off a lot easier than the New Holland.

Murph

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #22  
<font color="blue"> the wheels of you mmm will still be dragging in the dirt...even in the high positon...I would buy the kit.</font>

Can you explain what the latch kit does? Does it do something different than keep the deck in the high position? In the high position the MMM should be several inches above the dirt. The wheels shouldn't touch the ground except in the down position.

<font color="blue"> One thing about the Deere Mower. It does come off a lot easier than the New Holland. </font>

Can't comment on NH, but my MMM goes on and off all summer long. No big deal. The more you do it the easier it gets. I think a lot of folks just leave their deck on all through the mowing season, though. For those who like to keep the deck on, some way to keep it out of the way during 3ph use is a good thing.

OkieG

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24
LAGeorge,

That's a nice tractor!

The attached picture sure does show one advantage of the NH design that doesn't get mentioned too often here [or I just forget it faster than other things... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif] The drooping hood.

That has to give improved visability when doing loader work where you want to see what you are doing. I know with the square front on my Kubota, the hood sometimes gets in the way.

Myself, I went Kubota, even though there is a NH dealer less than a mile up the road. I just did not like the place. Went there three times and each time left with a negative feeling. So I ended up buying from the dealer I felt comfortable with, like many others here.

Good luck with the new tractor. No doubt it will work hard for you for many years to come.

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The drooping hood.

That has to give improved visability when doing loader work where you want to see what you are doing )</font>

That and the 12LA loader! This is the first picture I've seen of it. It looks to be much nicer than the 7308 - much like the 16LA on my TC40D - the side arms don't get in the way.

I noticed the new Kioti loader for the little CK20 is similar.

Mark

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #25  
Oakie, what model JD do you own? The lift kit is designed for the 4100. I think the other models work differently.

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #26  
<font color="blue">...kit is designed for the 4100. I think the other models work differently. </font>

That may be the answer. Mine is a JD model 855. It is a 24hp (19@PTO) hydrostat. A predecesor to the 4100.

OkieG

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #27  
I have a New Holland with a 72" mower and it can be a bear to take off. I usually use the loader to lift my wheels up after I have the pins out and the PTO. But it can be a 15 minute job to get it off. My loader is very easy to take on and off. Anyway my tractor came with two pins that alls I do is raise the mower as high as it will go and then put the two pins in. Then I can lower my 3 pt hitch as low as it will go but the mower will stay up. It is a nice feature especially if you want to do some quick loader work or bush hog. If I am going to do a lot of loader work or bush hogging I will take the mower off.

From what I found you can't do that with John Deere based on my two neighbors tractors. One of the threads here said you can a lift kit for the John Deeres to accomplish the same thing. I will say the John Deere mower comes off much easier than New Holland. So maybe the lift kit is not necessary on the Deere.

Murph

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #28  
Okie,

I think I misunderstood what you said. One of my neighbors has a 4100 and the other has a 955. Both of them can not use their 3 pt hitch when the mid mower mount is on. If they say for example want to go out and do some tilling the mower drops with the 3 point hitch. But, the mid mower does come off fairly easy on the Deere, much easier than the New Holland. My neighbor has tried keeping the mower on but it does drop and basically gets in the way.

Murph

Oh yes and by the way, you said you don't get snow but you get mud? Isn't mud kind of like snow, just heavier and black instead, LMAO I would still take some of it just so I would have something to move, LMAO

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #29  
I have a JD 4110 and you can use the 3 pt hitch with the MMM mower on.

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24
Here is a better picture of the New Holland TC 24D with the 12LA Loader

Does the new loader work better than the old one?

Attachments

• 234075-New Tractor.jpg
    234075-New Tractor.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 703