Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #1  

sjohnson79

Tractor
2008 John Deere 2520
Hello!

Have a question as I'm new to buying a tractor.

I recently perchased 5 acres to build a home on. Land is very flat with 12-14 trees (will have more at some point), I plan on having a garden and building a large deck, and a fence around the back half of the property (auger use at some point). And of course a lot of grass to mow.

So...

Here are my options:

Kioti CK20 with loader KL120, 21-22hp, 4X4, hydro, 60" belly mower mm20-60, and a rear PTO tiller for $8500 (not sure if the tiller is in the deal or not but the seller has committed to the load and deck for $8500 but I will offer $8500 with the tiller) CK20 has 420 hours and is 5 years old.

NH TC 29, 4x4, 29hp, hydro ..on eBay.. ending soon! 550 hours, 72" belly mower, loader, priced at $9600 right now but I think it will go for 10,000+

New Holland 7308 TC29 Tractor w front loader & 72"mower - eBay (item 120731428414 end time Jun-09-11 13:19:46 PDT)

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #2  
5 acres points to the Hew Holland.

Best of luck with your purchase.

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #3  
Neither.

for 5 acres of lawn, you should be looking at a zero turn mower with at least a 72" deck. My neighbour just bought a used commercial unit, and it is amazing how fast he can cut grass. It kills my 50" lawn tractor.

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29
Neither.

for 5 acres of lawn, you should be looking at a zero turn mower with at least a 72" deck. My neighbour just bought a used commercial unit, and it is amazing how fast he can cut grass. It kills my 50" lawn tractor.

Very true but just not in the market for a zero turn, I need the tractor outside of mowing.

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #5  
Neither.

Sure, if that was his only task.

He is going to be building a house and maintaining that 5 acres.

The man deserves and the tasks require a tractor.:thumbsup:

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #6  
I'm partial to NH. That said you need to look at dealer availability in your area. At some point all machines require parts and service.

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #7  
I have a TC29 and it handles a 6 ft. finish mower with no problems. Never operated Kioti, but several people swear by them. Have had zero problems with TC29 in 3 years. Most of my mowing is done with zero turn.

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #8  
The NH is 25% heavier than the Kioti (2500 vs under 2000 lbs) and 29hp compared to 20hp. Depends what you feel you need (or would like)

Loren

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #9  
I have a TC29D with loaded R4 tires, the tractor is great but it will make ruts in your lawn.

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #10  
Personally, I feel the 29HP NH is too much tractor for your needs and will only be a larger heavier tractor using more fuel doing the same task a much smaller tractor can accomplish. A 20 +/- HP tractor would fit your needs perfect so I would start with tractors in the same class as the CK20 like a Kubota B-series, JD 2300 series, TYM 273, etc...

Of course I'm a little biased towards the Kioti since mine has been outstanding so far at 6 years and 460 hours but I've never mowed with it either.