eBay/Craigslist wow- ****** out there

/ wow- ****** out there #11  
Craigs List is a strange place. The people who want something for nothing seem to be balanced by the people trying to sell used stuff for new prices. In between there's a bunch of good deals but it takes forever to find them.

/ wow- ****** out there #12  
So I have my MF GC2300 for sale on Craigslist- guy comes out to look at it and says he's interested and that he will think about it...so he calls me up and says that he can buy a new one for less than I bought mine new and for only 1k more than I am asking for it now...I checked the online equipment houses and my price is spot on if not a little low for the hours (2004-2005 model with only 189.5 hours) and with a FEL, custom toothbar, and 3 lift hooks...he says the MF dealer says that mine is only worth half of what I am asking......where did people's manners go...if you're not interested, just don't call back or just say call and say you're not interested...period. Obviously I know he was trying to get me to lower the price, but really, half of what I'm asking, that's a bit much. Also, he obviously didn't think of the taxes, fees, and cost of adding the TB and hooks to the new one, but I felt like asking him why didn't he just go buy a new one then? I told him a don't HAVE to sell it...its paid for and just sitting in my shed, just don't use it much, or really, didn't ever use it much...only 190 hrs in 6/7 hrs!

Anyway, sorry for the rant, he just really p*ssed me off!

Wow sounds like what happened to me. A guy said he asked cha-cha and my motorcycle was worth half of my asking price. I said who the heck is cha-cha ? He said text 242-242 for any answer on anything. I said whatever,but sounds like bs to me & dont waste my time. My son laughed when I asked about cha-cha. He said thats where teen age girls go for their knowledge !!! :confused2:

/ wow- ****** out there #13  
Ya win some and ya lose some, thats just the way it is with c-list.

Honestly, I cabt side with you on this without some hard numbers here.

What are you asking for it? What did he say he could get a new one for? What did he say the dealer said yours is worth?

Without knowing that, it is hard to say how I feel.

I buy and sell ALOT of stuff on c-list. And there are ALOT of things I run across that is WAY overpriced. Like 5 year old used implements for NEW price:confused2:

But there are also a lot of good deals to be had as well. And I too negotiate on EVERYHTING I buy, especially on c-list. But I am a reasonable guy. I will offer what I feel it is worth. Take it or leave it. If you are insulted, so be it. All you have to do is say no. But what have I (as a potential buyer) got to lose by asking?

/ wow- ****** out there #14  
Craigs List is a strange place. The people who want something for nothing seem to be balanced by the people trying to sell used stuff for new prices. In between there's a bunch of good deals but it takes forever to find them.

Yup, it's great that it's free, but that brings the certifiable wackadoodles out of the woodwork. I think now they should charge a small fee, like $1 that would eliminate alot of the crap.

I check 2 sections a couple times a day, Tools and Farm and Garden. That's all, but even in just those 2 sections there are some beauties selling their garbage so they don't have to get a dumpster.

JB.

/ wow- ****** out there #15  
At least he came and looked before lowballing the price.
Irks me no end when they start low balling on the phone B4 even a looksee.

I agree with ya on that one.

I wont even negotiate price on the phone with anyone for most things.

That way, IF we were to agree on the phone, and when you come to get it and its not what you expected......:confused2:

Come see it for yourself and then we can talk price please:thumbsup:

/ wow- ****** out there #16  
I saw this the other day on CL, can't tell if the guy is trying to be funny or is there a market for tree stumps :confused2:

Tree Stumps For Sale

JB

/ wow- ****** out there #17  
I saw this the other day on CL, can't tell if the guy is trying to be funny or is there a market for tree stumps :confused2:

Tree Stumps For Sale

JB

Believe it or not...people buy them. theres a big market here in Idaho for cedar stumps, and fir. Nutcases landscape with them. Looks like **** to me

/ wow- ****** out there #18  
Try putting your house on the market. Everyone assumes that the house is in foreclosure, and you are scraping together money to pay for emergency medical treatment. The low ball offers are ridiculous (like 60% of asking price), and then they get insulted when you counter at 95%.

On the other side of things. My wife and I were in the market for an other house. Sure we were looking for a house outside of town on a few acres that was not part of some stupid restrictive development. Every old POS house was being sold like it was a brand new construction with granite counter tops. Truth was, and you could tell, the owners were tired of fixing stuff or needed to remodel, and just wanted to sell instead of doing the work. I was interested in doing the work, but I am not paying an already remodeled house price when I have to pay to remodel the house too. I don't know what people are thinking. That was right when the market went to crap and we saw some foreclosures. Boy, they always work those over really good. I guess it says something about the mentality of some people.

/ wow- ****** out there #19  
On the other side of things. My wife and I were in the market for an other house. Sure we were looking for a house outside of town on a few acres that was not part of some stupid restrictive development. Every old POS house was being sold like it was a brand new construction with granite counter tops. Truth was, and you could tell, the owners were tired of fixing stuff or needed to remodel, and just wanted to sell instead of doing the work. I was interested in doing the work, but I am not paying an already remodeled house price when I have to pay to remodel the house too. I don't know what people are thinking. That was right when the market went to crap and we saw some foreclosures. Boy, they always work those over really good. I guess it says something about the mentality of some people.

My old Dad always said " you won't get it if you don't ask for it".

That goes either way, buying or selling. If people can't handle that then there is probably no advice to give them.

/ wow- ****** out there #20  
What galls me if when I get e-mails making a lower offer without the person even seeing whatever it is I'm selling. But my practice in buying is to walk away if I think the seller is way off in price, I don't need to tell them what I think. That's not important to them, only to me.