Tractor Sizing ASv rc track loader vs others. Lift capacity???

/ ASv rc track loader vs others. Lift capacity??? #1  

Jayfish

Tractor
753 bobcat
I was wondering if anyone has used an ASv tracked machine and other tracked machines. What it looks like to me is that the ASv loaders won't pick up as much or have alot less tipping weight compared to the other brands ie bobcat John Deere. I was thinking about getting an asv rc 50 cause I like the low ground pressures and how they get around. But the drawback I'm seeing is the low lift and tipping capacities compared to my other choice. Bobcat t190. I need a machine that can lift some lbs. Will the ASv fall on it's face compared to the t190. Anyone out there ran these machine and know anything about how much the ASv machines can handle lifting heavy loads.
Thanks !!!

/ ASv rc track loader vs others. Lift capacity??? #2  
I have operated most of the tracked skid loaders out. I am most familiar with Bobcat, but have ran, ASV, Case, Takeuchi, Cat, Kubota etc.

What kind of lifting cap do you need. A T190 only has 1900 lbs vs a T300 which is 3000 lbs. They all boast 3-6 psi ground pressure. That is where the tracks come in. Larger footprint than 4 tires. The ASV rc 50 was pretty impressive for it's size. It weighs approx. 1200 lbs less that the T190. I personally like a heavier more stable machine. Mass helps you in many applications; lift and carry, loading out of a pile, slopes, etc.

/ ASv rc track loader vs others. Lift capacity???
But the tipping load on the rc 50 is like 2000lbs less than the t190. I don't know the exact specs but if you look it up there is quite a bit of difference. I load scrap metal and heavy items alot. Tree removal too. I just would rather have a machine that can give me the most lift and moving capabilities. But I really like how an ASv can navigate more places.

/ ASv rc track loader vs others. Lift capacity??? #4  
Jayfish,

I think the RC50 will be better if your primary concern is ground impact..you can even get "turf" tracks for them. A lot of folks have complained about the ASV undercarraige being underbuilt and prone to problems. For pure loader work and moving scrap around the T190 weighs about 2k more than the RC50 (depending upon the year of the RC50)...so it might be a bit more stable.

-mark

/ ASv rc track loader vs others. Lift capacity???
Yeah I think I'll stick with t190. But man do those asv's go through some stuff. All well can't have the best of both worlds. Thanks all

/ ASv rc track loader vs others. Lift capacity??? #6  
Check out the BIG price difference in UC rebuild. The asv has a billion moving parts to replace$$$ and is more prone to damage than all the others. I'm not 100% on this but I thought that a few years back that Cat bought either the rights to the asv uc or asv it self. They (Cat) have since $hitcanned the asv uc in favor of one that more resembles BC, JD, Case,NH etc. But I do know that they (asv) ride like a Caddy.