Simplicity vs toro zero turn

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn #1  

1maguire

Hello all,

Looking a buying a zero turn. Looking at toro vs simplicity home owner series.
Any thoughts on either models would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Joe

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn #3  
Joe, I had a 38" Toro Timecutter in 2004 to 2007, never back to the shop and never needed any repairs, but I sold it when I needed to help some kids and had to be able to get through 3' gates. So I went to Toro's personal pace walk behind in 2007. They no longer have the 38" one. But this year, Toro has come out with a 32" ZTR and I bought one in late March. I like these Toros, but haven't used one long enough to know how well they'll hold up. I've got about 13 hours on this new one.

And no experience at all with Simplicity.

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn
Muhammad thanks for the welcome. Bird I really think I am going to get the Toro, price alone, and the Kaw engine. A friend of mine brought up the simplicity but they are a 1000-1500 more than Toro.

Joe

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn #5  
Depends on what you will cut (acres of rough/uneven turf or a 1/2 -1 acre smooth lawn) - Toro's are good machines however the Simplicity have the suspension so ride better. You are right to go with the Kawasaki engine - what cut width?

The Simplicity are made by Ferris so are fairly robust machines, however Toro have a broad line up too, just depends on what you are cutting as stated in the beginning - if a nice even lawn then the Toro is fine, if rough I would go the Simplicity with suspension - $1000/1500 over the 15-20 year life is not a lot of $ for comfort.

The terrain is mostly smooth, it is a little over a 1/3rd of an acre. I do like the way they the mower deck is suspended on on the simplicity, but thought with a realitively smooth lawn the Toro would do fine. I was looking at getting a 42" deck, so it would fit into my shed without a problem. Right now it takes me 2 hours to cut the lawn, which takes away from my family time! I love to work on the lawn but hate to take so long to mow it, i have numerous planting beds around my property so I thought a zero turn is the way to go.

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn #7  
Either machine will work fine for your lawn and size - I guess to save some $ go with the Toro and it will likely last a long time. The other thing you might consider is a garden tractor with a tight turning radius like the JD 304/Cub Cadet series as this could give you a multi season machine for snowblowing if you need this capability.

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn #8  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

You may also want to consider joining our sister site, LawnMowerForum.com to assist with all your lawn mower questions.

Best of luck!

/ Simplicity vs toro zero turn #9  
Hello all,

Looking a buying a zero turn. Looking at toro vs simplicity home owner series.
Any thoughts on either models would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Joe

Bought a slightly used, 48 ours on it, Toro a year ago. Love it. Believe mine has a 23 horse Briggs V twin. 48 or 50 inch. My house sits on close to one acre, of course the house, small single car garage and parking area suck up some square footage. This past Sat. I mowed it, the neighbors normal sized yard, my other place next door which includes a long ditch and then two small houses I do for couple of old ladies. Two hours flat and this includes four block ride to the old ladies house's and back.

Very happy with it, Had tried a used Ahriens 14 hp.ZTR couple years earlier. With it the front end would not hold when doing ditches, also it did not turn as well or as predictably as the Toro .

Have to be cautious about going down hills with the Toro, weight shifts to the frt end taking weight off the drive/braking wheels and it's Wheeeeee, all the way to the bottom.

I am going with the toro, as this seems to be the better option as far as price for me. Thank you everyone for your help.

Joe