Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Re: Canopies

Mainiak!, I'm not sure exactly how the Sunguard model mounts or how much adjustment is available. I just don't like the large (not to be confused with HEAVY) mounting systems all the top manufactures are using. Who wants all that extra weight up high like that where it is certainly not needed.

As for the bends in my front mounting brackets. I did a lot of cutting and welding plus a little bondo and primer to produce the proto types. They look excellent and worked perfectly. I have since redesigned the front brackets to clear the FEL on a BX2200...they are close....about 3/16" from the side of the firewall bulkhead and they don't start the outward bend until they are high enough to clear the loader valve.

I did eventually but a tubing bender. It's time consuming, but it makes nice bends...not something I would want to go into production with.....too sloooooooowwwwwwww. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Somebody want a picture of some other projects...attached is a picture of my Home Made FEL. Notice the linkage...keeps the bucket at the same angle throughout the lift cycle. Not too bad for a one-eyed, two-fingered fat boy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    NH TC29D

Would like to see a picture of your front bumper. What size tubing did you use? Did you add anything inside of it to give it added weight??

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Minioaksmocha, I'll provide a couple of pictures of the bumper....one attached here and another attached to another reply. As you can see, I didn't use tubing...I used 3/8" X 3" flat steel. Did a little cutting, hacking and modifing to produce what you see here. I didn't want the extra weight on the front end all the time and that's the reason I made the bumper/reciever hitch to accept factory suitcase weights.

At the moment, I'm putting the finishing touches on a rear mounted 4 section spool valve as well as a custom mabe hydraulic top link (6" stroke) and a hudraulic tilt cylinder (4" stroke) for my BX2200. I finished up the cylinders last night and should be able to get the hoses made within a week or two. Looking forward to getting all the hydraulics hooked up!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Here's another shot of the bumper.

I did eventually but a tubing bender. DannyWilliams, do you have a photo, brand name, etc. on the tubing bender? I'm curious as to how you did such beautiful bends with the steel. GREAT job. Thanks for the photos.

Tractor
    JD 855 4WD, HST

Danny,

This might seem like a very silly question but I'll ask anyway - does your front bumper (very nicely done by the way) get in the way with any of you loader movements?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

tdenny,

The bumper is not a problem for the FEL. The only thing I had to do was trim approx. 2.5" from the lever that is used to lock/hold the front of the mower deck. The lose of the 2.5" inches has not been a problem either.

Tractor
    JD 855 4WD, HST

Cool, looks really good. I will wait for more pictures of your creations.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

StanleyinMD,

I purchased my bender from Pro Tools (www.pro-tools.com). If your making a few bends, this bender might just fit the bill. On the other hand, if your thinking about going into production (as I'm considering) then this is not the way to go. They do make a hydraulic upgrade kit for this bender, but I still wouldn't go that route to satisfy a high production situation.

I'm currently giving some thought to building a table/jig which will use three benders to make all the bends without ever having to readjust the tube in the jig. It'll be powered by hydraulics, using 3 seperate cylinders, each individually controlled. At least, that's my plan...I've already ordered the cylinders.

What I need is more time in the day. I'm currently finishing up my hydraulic top link (6" stroke) as well as hydraulic tilt (4" stroke). Mounted a 4 spool valve on the back as well as adding the BX22 rear hydraulic lines. I'm almost there. With any luck I'll finish up the rear hydraulics in a week or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12