Buying Advice Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota
Yes the cc does have two pumps. Guess my question is two better than one or does it really even matter??

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #12  
I got my GC2600 at the beginning of the year and so far I love it. I was going to wait for the 1 series deere to hit the floors before making the final decision but I'm glad I didn't. I will say that the "auto connect" mower deck on the deere looks pretty slick if it works as easily as the videos make it look. That being said, its not that hard to get the MMM on and off of the GC so as long as I am able bodied it doesn't matter too much to me. I now have over 40 hours on my machine and it has worked very well for my needs. I have about 2 acres of grass that I mow and I have been slowly chipping away at some landscaping projects. Every now and then I think I should have gone with a bigger machine but then I think I would loose some of the maneuverability when mowing around the house. I have not looked at the specs on the engine of the new deere but I liked that the GC's hit their peak power at a lower RPM than the Kubota's. I also like the side by side hydro pedals. As others have mentioned, sit on and drive each one and see what feels comfortable to you.

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #13  
I have not looked at the specs on the engine of the new deere but I liked that the GC's hit their peak power at a lower RPM than the Kubota's.

I've been looking for power torques curves for Kubota engines. May I ask where you found the Kubota power curves?

Thanks

ChuckD hit it on the head with the Massey. Its gross horse is 25 with 19.6hp at the pto At a rated 3000rpm where as the kubota is gross 25.5 with 19.5 at the pto at a rated 3200rpm. And I like the side by side pedals. I actualy got most tractor specs at each seperate dealer then found a whole spec comparison chart online at the John deere web site. Glad to see you enjoy the Massey and I couldnt agree more on the size compared to manuverabilty. where as I have alot lanscaping and plan to add more.

As far as waiting for the elusive Deere 1026R I went to see one at the dealer today and he told me its gone already the next one (due mid july) is also gone and so is the one after that. I have patence but not that much I guess. I got the itch!!

Thanks again guys for all the info and advice I really apreciate it...

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #15  
The pedal setup is a personal preference thing. Both of my Kubota's have the single pedal type, which I find more intuitive and safer, since you toes are for going forward and your heel is for backing up. With the side by side pedals, it's a bit easier to go in the wrong direction if you mistakenly hit the wrong pedal. But lot's of folks like the 2 pedal setup, and that's OK.

The torque peak seems kind of academic to me since these tractors have more than enough power at any working rpm. We've never bogged the engine on our BX, even in the toughest mowing. And, you run out of traction or the hydraulic relief kicks in long before the engine bogs when pulling, pushing or doing FEL work. But that's just me. Maybe someone else has an implement or a task where the early torque peak makes a practical difference.

OTOH, compared to the BX, I think some of the other brands do have an advantage in greater hydraulic flow at lower rpm. I expect having a dual hydraulic pump setup helps.

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #16  
Yes the cc does have two pumps. Guess my question is two better than one or does it really even matter??

Yes, 2 is better than 1. CC also has the shift on the fly, from HI to Lo ranges. I was skeptical about this feature but after trying it was quite impressed. No more stopping to shift ranges. I'll be looking at a 2400 myself next week.
Have fun shopping!

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #17  
Monster, I never found torque specs, I just went by the HP ratings. When I started looking I was comparing the other brands to the GC2400 which hits it's peak HP at an even lower RPM, 2600 I think.

Grandad, now that I have had mine for a while now I agree completely with the power comparisons. I think these machines all have more power than they can put to the ground due to their weight. I never really hear the engine struggle, I just loose traction. The reason I went with the 2600 was for that little extra power at the PTO. I plan on getting a 3 point chipper and figured that little extra power couldn't hurt. I'm positive the 2400 would have been just as capable in my applications.

My biggest regret at this time is not getting a TLB model.

Probably a stupid question to you guys but what's a TLB model? And grandad thanks for the input that's exactly what I was wondering was will the tractor bog down under higher demands. I guess basically what it seems to be boiling down to is comfort and a good service dealer.
Would it make any difference on certain attachment? I plan on a tiller,snowblower (and I live in windy area so snowdrifts are common),generator, and I guess who knows what the future will bring right!
Thanks again guys!!!!

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #19  
I guess basically what it seems to be boiling down to is comfort and a good service dealer.

I have a MF 1643 and have had a couple of minor, but annoying problems with it. My dealer has bent over backwards to help me and get the problems fixed!

On my previous tractor, I had a dealer that was a "zero" in terms of service! With warranty problems, I ended up fixing them myself as I needed the tractor to be operational. Tractor would be down for days and dealer wouldn't show up. He'd promise to be there everyday, but not show. No call, nothing. He didn't stock the correct maintenance parts (i.e. filters, oils), not even the correct battery! Tractor was a great tractor with only minor, early on issues or I would have been in trouble.

IMHO, all other things equal, a dealer with a good service department is a deal maker or breaker!

Last edited:
   / Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #20  
TLB stands for Tractor Loader Backhoe. Another thing that is nice about the Deere is that, as far as I know, you can add a factory backhoe at any time. The Massey, Cub and I think the Kubota has to be purchased with the backhoe from the start. Otherwise, I believe there are aftermarket options. On the GC I think the fixed ROPS would get in the way for head room. It's a big difference in price, of course, but I wish I ponied up the dough. With the 0% for 72 months it wouldn't have hurt too bad.