Buying Advice Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota
Jeeze you guys are awesome thanks a bunch!!

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #22  
TLB stands for Tractor Loader Backhoe. Another thing that is nice about the Deere is that, as far as I know, you can add a factory backhoe at any time. The Massey, Cub and I think the Kubota has to be purchased with the backhoe from the start. Otherwise, I believe there are aftermarket options. On the GC I think the fixed ROPS would get in the way for head room. It's a big difference in price, of course, but I wish I ponied up the dough. With the 0% for 72 months it wouldn't have hurt too bad.

Didn't know about the Deere BH retro-fit... having that capability is a good concept. There have been so many times I wished we had bought the BX with the hoe.

On the Kubota, they added a heavier frame on the BH-equipped models to support the additional stress of the backhoe operation, pretty much the only difference vs the non BH models. Just curious which way Deere went with their product... a) reinforced frame on all tractors, with or without BH, or b) non-reinforced frame... it's like adding an aftermaket BH. I can't say if that makes any difference, but either way, there's a considerable $$$ advantage to getting the BH with the tractor instead of buying one later.

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #23  
Save yourself a ton of $$$ and go buy a Bobcat. More features for way less money. I have 206 hrs on mine now. Glad I didn't buy Kubota, John Deere or Case-IH/New Holland.

Wasn't aware bobcat made a subcompact. How small is your TLB and how much was it? I'm not even sure we have a cat dealer around! Might b worth looking into I suppose

K just looked up bobcats online and dont see any subs. Found a 22 horse that could be a sub but was 1500$ more and closest dealer is bout 70 miles away. and to be honest I really dont see the "more features". Maybe you could elaborate for me please. seeing as I am totally new to tractors

This may be a whole knew option for me but so far im seeing no advantage. Thanx

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #26  
Bobcat doesn't make a sub compact, just compacts starting at the CT122. Kioti is supposedly working on a sub compact but i have yet to see it. I have been very impressed with the 1026R, they have a lot of features that I can see would be the turning point to direct customers to their product. With the BX, I have used a BX24 and wasnt to impressed, it seemed to have more problems and weaknesses compared to my 1986 Yanmar. I don't know if it was just a bad experience with a beat up tractor because I know a lot of happy BX owners and still really like Kubotas. The GC has a park brake issue where it can be partially engaged and disengage by itself which could and has lead to severe damage to the tractor. Wacky knows about that one. CubCadet/Yanmar makes a good product, I don't know much about them, but the quality of my Yanmar tractor is really good and it is well built yet easy to work on. Yes, they have changed from 1986 to now but they still are likely to have a good quality product and a good, solid reputation. After all of this said, I would be looking #1 at the 1026R but if time is an issue due to high demand I would be stuck between the GC and SC2400. No doubt look at the Kubota, they make a great tractor. These are just my opinions and facts that I have learned about these tractors, I don't want to bash brands, it is just from a purchasing perspective. :)

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #27  
I wanted a Kubota for years.

I started shopping over a year ago, and looked at JD, Kubota, CC/Yanmar, and Massey.

First stop was the Deere. As soon as I saw the Aluminum rear end..........I walked. (aluminum drivetrain and tractor don't belong in the same sentence, IMHO).

My wife didn't like the 'Bumblebee'..........color or fit.

Kubota was ok, except the brake pedal...........it's on the right, above the hydro pedals, and we felt like our knee would hit our chins engaging the brake.

Massey.........hydro pedals on the right, brake on the left............I saw the usefulness of this design(think of attaching implements).
As was said...........Be sure to fully set the parking brake. It can be...........'half-set', and can disengage. But if ya look at the design, you'll never have a problem.

Sit on them all.........test drive if possible...........and purchase what fits you the best.

/ Massey, Deere,Cadet(Yanmar), or kubota #28  
Yes Bobcats are just Kioti's with a Bobcat sticker on them... Nice tractors but you pay for that sticker! Kind of like green paint! Haha...