Mahindra 3016 price

/ Mahindra 3016 price #1  

lafayette0918

Today I was quoted 15,900 for a Mahindra 3016, FEL, 4WD, gear transmission. This seems high to me. I seem to remember people saying they were getting them with backhoes for around 20,000. I am going to look at Kubota B's next. Can anyone tell me if this seems like a fair price for a 3016? I live in upstate NY. Thanks!

/ Mahindra 3016 price #2  
lafayette0918,

While looking in craigslist (Portland, OR) in the farm & garden section. The local Mahindra dealer has advertised "Mahindra 3016 Loader Tractor - $14900 (Molalla)". Good size photo of it also.

idaho2

/ Mahindra 3016 price #3  
Red Bluff California dealer has an ad for new 3016 at $13,950 with fel

/ Mahindra 3016 price #4  
I just took delivery of my 3016, with FEL, yesterday. Mine is also the gear, not HST. Base price was 14,600. I bought a 5 foot bush hog, 5 foot finish mower and a 5 foot tiller and the total was just over 18,000.

/ Mahindra 3016 price #5  
I just took delivery of my 3016, with FEL, yesterday. Mine is also the gear, not HST. Base price was 14,600. I bought a 5 foot bush hog, 5 foot finish mower and a 5 foot tiller and the total was just over 18,000.

So what do you think of your 3016 so far? I've been looking for a while now, have about 11 acres, some leveling and brush clearing needed. I'm down to choosing between the Kubota 2920 and Mahindra 3016.

From what I've read, it appears the 3016 is a bit beefier, with a little more HP. But I'm a bit surprised at the price, thought the 3016 would be a few $K less than the Kubota. Doesn't seem to be the case.

/ Mahindra 3016 price #6  
So what do you think of your 3016 so far? I've been looking for a while now, have about 11 acres, some leveling and brush clearing needed. I'm down to choosing between the Kubota 2920 and Mahindra 3016.

From what I've read, it appears the 3016 is a bit beefier, with a little more HP. But I'm a bit surprised at the price, thought the 3016 would be a few $K less than the Kubota. Doesn't seem to be the case.

I am surprised to hear that the Kubota price is even close. I priced several Kubota's and they were all quite a bit more money than the 3016.

I really love this unit now that I filled the rear tires. Before than, it would spin under load and that was not what I expected. For my needs, I only have 25 acres, it is a pleasure. I have been clearing a old logging road and moving a lot of dirt. It is not extremely powerful, but I knew that when I bought it. I would highly recommend it.

It helps that I am beginning to get a feel for it also. It's amazing what a little experience means in terms of operating any equipment.

/ Mahindra 3016 price #7  
I am surprised to hear that the Kubota price is even close. I priced several Kubota's and they were all quite a bit more money than the 3016.

I really love this unit now that I filled the rear tires. Before than, it would spin under load and that was not what I expected. For my needs, I only have 25 acres, it is a pleasure. I have been clearing a old logging road and moving a lot of dirt. It is not extremely powerful, but I knew that when I bought it. I would highly recommend it.

It helps that I am beginning to get a feel for it also. It's amazing what a little experience means in terms of operating any equipment.

Looking over my numbers again, I think the equivalent price was for the B2320, which is a bit lower in power vs the 3016. So the approx equivalent would be the B2920, and that ends up being maybe $2K higher than the 3016. However the 3016 is the cash price, so if you get it on the same basis as the 0% Kubota, then the gap is less than $1K.

I know the 3016 is a bit more tractor (btw it has the skid steer mount which I think would be an upgrade on the Kubota), but still expected it to be a bit lower. Maybe I need to bargain a bit, did you do any haggling with the dealer, or was it pretty much straight-up quoted price? The other thing is I need to sit on the Mahindra and see if I like it. The Kubota fits me nicely.

Thanks for your info!

/ Mahindra 3016 price #8  
Looking over my numbers again, I think the equivalent price was for the B2320, which is a bit lower in power vs the 3016. So the approx equivalent would be the B2920, and that ends up being maybe $2K higher than the 3016. However the 3016 is the cash price, so if you get it on the same basis as the 0% Kubota, then the gap is less than $1K.

I know the 3016 is a bit more tractor (btw it has the skid steer mount which I think would be an upgrade on the Kubota), but still expected it to be a bit lower. Maybe I need to bargain a bit, did you do any haggling with the dealer, or was it pretty much straight-up quoted price? The other thing is I need to sit on the Mahindra and see if I like it. The Kubota fits me nicely.

Thanks for your info!

I didn't do a lot of haggling on the tractor, but I did get a better deal on the attachments. I figure I saved about 1500 total on the attachments I got as a package deal. I also paid cash. the 0% financing would have been at a price about 3800 more. They got you one way or the other.

/ Mahindra 3016 price #9  

Thanks for your info!

The B series Kubotas are not in the same size class as the 3016. You are comparing a tractor that is 1554lbs to one that weighs 2437lbs. I would say that a tractor that weighs more than 50% more is more than a little bit more tractor. I think that you should be comparing to either an L3200 or maybe even a Grand L 3240. Go to one of those tractors and see if you are still looking at the same price range.

I just quoted them on Kubota's website as configured as close as I could to the Mahindra 3016, this is what I came up with.

The L 3200 was $19,216 and the Grand L was $24,361. So how are those prices vs the Mahindra 3016? Now you should be able to get something off of those prices, sort of depends on the dealer. Maybe you should also look at a Mahindra 2516 if you want a smaller tractor like the B series Kubota's.

Good luck with your search and decision. ;)

/ Mahindra 3016 price #10  
The B series Kubotas are not in the same size class as the 3016. You are comparing a tractor that is 1554lbs to one that weighs 2437lbs. I would say that a tractor that weighs more than 50% more is more than a little bit more tractor. I think that you should be comparing to either an L3200 or maybe even a Grand L 3240. Go to one of those tractors and see if you are still looking at the same price range.

I just quoted them on Kubota's website as configured as close as I could to the Mahindra 3016, this is what I came up with.

The L 3200 was $19,216 and the Grand L was $24,361. So how are those prices vs the Mahindra 3016? Now you should be able to get something off of those prices, sort of depends on the dealer.

Good luck with your search and decision. ;)

Good points, thanks for the info. I didn't know there was that much of a difference between the 3016 and 2920. I've sat on L's and personally didn't like the lay of the land. Seemed real awkward to me to get seated with the cramped foot area. Found the 2920 to have a lot more foot room, the floor area is very open compared to the L's where the wheel wells come forward a lot farther.

Maybe I should check out the next smaller size Mahindra. Would that be the 2516? Just seems like I'd be a bit under-powered then vs the 2920.

Thanks.