Suzuki Samurai?

/ Suzuki Samurai? #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
I've been looking into buying an UTV. As you know they are pricey for what you get! So I've been considering other alternatives.

One alternative is a Suzuki Samurai. They are very small yet have 4wd and are street legal. Anyone have experience with them? My biggest concern is fitting into one. I'm 6'4" so I may have problems. Never have sat in one.

Thank you

/ Suzuki Samurai? #2  
I have one and I'm about 6'1". They fit tall people suprisingly well. My friend is taller than I am by 2" or so and fits in his no problem. With the seat fully back, there is still room to move the seat back a few inches before hitting the tire wheel well. I've thought of moving mine back but it's never been an issue.

They are great little rigs and with a rear locker can go about anywhere. With a spring over conversion and 31" tires they will embarass a lot of rigs much bigger.

/ Suzuki Samurai? #3  
years ago, when the first came out, we had 2, a hardtop and a ragtop. Neat little (emphasis on little) vehicles. Not much ooomph.

They make great spray vehicles for crop spraying but are lousy on the e-way.

Basically a tin can with a lawnmower engine.

/ Suzuki Samurai? #4  
Had one years ago. I don't know about embarassing others. They don't have much power. Certainly not speed demons. But it was one of the most fun vehicles I ever owned. They are skinnier than most jeeps but wider than most UTV's but I think they would work out well for that purpose.

/ Suzuki Samurai? #5  
We bought a new one in 1986, put a hardtop on it, even had a cruise control put on it. My wife drove it back and forth to work, and we made a couple of 400+ miles to the Texas coast in it. I used to tell people it was a sorry excuse for a car, but a really fun toy.:laughing: Three trouble free years; only had to replace the battery a month or so before we sold it. And the only reason we sold it was because I retired and we were taking off in a fifth-wheel RV with a one ton truck and just didn't need the Suzuki anymore.

/ Suzuki Samurai? #6  
I had one, great little "truck", super reliable, fun to drive.

Only problem, super super super slow.

Would've been one heck of a race between the samurai and my old datsun 210

I think my JD 310C crawler would've had it from zero to 5 mph :)

I would buy another with no questions.

Joel

/ Suzuki Samurai? #7  
pulled them out before.they swap ends real fast on ice and snow.i use a little ford ranger which is just a little longer. i also have a couple of honda 4 wheelers. really like the ranger for going places.wished it got better mileage.

/ Suzuki Samurai? #8  
Oh yes.... another thought.... Mine had Air conditioning and heat... something you won't get on the ATVs....

/ Suzuki Samurai? #9  
I know several farmers that own one. That are well pleased with them. I heard one tell someone one time okay it will not do 100 MPH on the Expressway, but I didn't buy it for that, but I can put four or five bales of hay in the back and drive across the pasture. Stop by with your four wheeler and let me see how many bales of hay you can carry across the pasture. His point being, if you are looking for something to drive on the highway at high spped, purchase a Roush Mustang. If you are looking for a great utility vehicle with heat and A/C to get you to and from the hunt or camping location and for use around the home to haul yard debris or anyting else that needs moving can't be beat. They also are nice to set in when one is caught outside in a thunderstorm. Never enjoyed setting on a Four Wheeler in a Thunderstorm.

/ Suzuki Samurai? #10  
The short wheel base makes the ride horrible.

mark