Buying Advice Cab or No Cab

/ Cab or No Cab #21  
Go for the factory cab as it's designed for the tractor. A good quality aftermarket cab (e.g. Jodale-Perry or Laurin) will cost you about the same as the factory cab, and not quite be as good of a fit. Curtis is a budget cab and a waste of money in my opinion.

Heat in the winter, AC in the summer...no snow or dust in your face...get a cab.

/ Cab or No Cab #22  
I don't think anyone who has a tractor with a cab, said it was a mistake. In addition to what everyone else said, it keeps the biting bugs out in the summer. I would not get an aftermarket cab, if a factory one is available. It is going to be designed to work perfectly with your tractor.

/ Cab or No Cab #23  
This summer is gonna be a very bad Yellowjacket season! They're everywhere and building nests under the eaves and in the rafters of nearly all my outbuildings! Dang things!

Oh, did I mention that I just got a CAB tractor?

Poor stingers are bouncing on the windows trying to get me when I pull into park!

Have had 3 open station tractors these past 8 years... Tired of freezing in the winter and eatin' dust in the summer baling hay.

Finally got a cab tractor.

AKfish

/ Cab or No Cab #24  
What about your BX's?

Actually the BX is my wife's tractor and I haven't been married 44 years by being stupid.:laughing:

I won't buy one, but she might. :laughing: Seriously, we have discussed it and we are leaning towards a B3030/3000 or maybe even a F3080 as our next machine.

Keep in mind, we are in our mid sixties and what is essential now wasn't a consideration years ago.

/ Cab or No Cab #25  
I hope the OP is convinced by now to go with the factory cab. Snow blowing alone is enough reason to spend the extra dollars...especially if the tractor is kept outdoors. If you intend keeping the tractor for years, you certainly won't regret the extra comfort, reduced fatigue...the drawbacks (including cost) are small in comparison.
BOB

/ Cab or No Cab #27  
Actually with all the features and benefits i have with the cab tractor, i can not believe that they can wrap all that glass, radio and a/c-heat for that little additional money. Oh... i stirred up some yellow jackets today...could care less. i did notice that they follow the orange paint more than the old green paint though.

/ Cab or No Cab #28  
A quick digression if I may; but what is it about hot sun heated metal that attracts wasps, and other assorted stinging pests?

/ Cab or No Cab #29  
I did a bit of mowing in a wooded section with literally thousands of mosquitoes due to all the rain this year; no bites, cool and comfortable.

/ Cab or No Cab #30  
A quick digression if I may; but what is it about hot sun heated metal that attracts wasps, and other assorted stinging pests?

Good question... I noticed when parking the tractor inside a shed with a new Yellowjacket nest - they flew right to the hot exhaust pipe first! Of course, it was TOO HOT and once they bounced off it a couple of times, they headed for the cab windows.

If I had to guess; it'd be the wasps ability to track warm blooded critters thru infrared.

AKfish