Buying Advice Cab or No Cab

/ Cab or No Cab #1  

marxman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
Hi once again everyone,

Thanks to you guys that have answered my questions before. I got some great advice and thought I was ready to go on buying the tractor I wanted. HOWEVER I made the "mistake" of visiting the dealer this weekend and now I'm faced with a new problem.

Because of dealer location and reputation I have decided on a Kubota.

I thought a B3300SU would be good, quoted at $16800 with FEL.

Then I thought a B3200HSD due to the mid-PTO, quoted $17700 with FEL.

So I mosey on down to the dealership and see the B3000CAB and B3030HSDC. I sit in it, I'm immediately in love with comfort level, I start thinking "do i need a cab?".

B3000CAB quoted at $24500 with FEL, and B3030HSDC at $24100 with FEL. not sure if these are good prices or not..$7k difference from a 3200??

I live in MA and we get a fair amount of snow. I plan on installing a snow blower on the tractor as it will take over from my walk-behind. I also plan on brush cutting and clearing land, grading driveways, and keeping animals (goats, horses).

My dilemma would be whether to buy a B3200, and add an after market cab... or just pony up for the factory cabs on the B3000/B3030.

I guess the questions that I have are in an effort to convince me that this tractor is NOT a toy, but a workhorse that I will use for years to come. if I can convince myself of that... I dont have any problem spending the money :D

1) Are prices in the $24k range for the 3000/3030 tractors good?
2) Are after market cabs Curtis, Sims, comparable? when spec'd out don't they hit the $4000 range?
3) Those of you that bought open tractors and live in the colder climates, do you regret the lack of a cab?

Look forward to your opinions

/ Cab or No Cab #2  
Cab!:thumbsup:

Traded a B7800 for a B3030HDSC. I was tired of freezing when moving snow..

/ Cab or No Cab #3  
X2 on cab, love mine cool and shady in summer, warm in winter

/ Cab or No Cab #4  
There are a handfull of times during the winter when I wish I had a cab...then the other 95% of the year when I am out in the woods.....and wanting to be 'outside'. I've seen a few farmers disking in the spring and getting in corn in the fall....and I bet they really enjoy their cab whist the dust cloud surrounds their A/C'd Fm'd comfort.... That's the trouble with looking at tractors...you really need a whole stable of them.... :) When you figure out how to 'splain it to the wife....let me know how you did it.....

/ Cab or No Cab #5  
Cab!:thumbsup:
I just bought the Kioti DK50SE HST w/CAB and absolutely love it. My place in in SC and last weekend we had temps in the high 90s. I stayed in it all day, doing bush cutting with the radio on and had a blast. Wife had to call me on my cell when it got dark cause I just wanted to keep playing.

/ Cab or No Cab #6  
cab or no cab is up to you an only you.because your the 1 that will be running it in the cold an heat.but id get the factory cab insted of an a aftermarket cab.

/ Cab or No Cab #7  
There are several threads with hours of reading by using the "search" function. Like bigbull338 says, only you can answer that question, as for me, I will never buy another open station tractor and would go for the OEM.

I have spent thousands of hours on open station tractors in the last fifty plus years and if I get to feeling nostalgic will tie a bee hive to my head, have my wife throw dirt in my face and drag me behind my pickup.

/ Cab or No Cab #8  
If you can swing it, I vote cab too.

It's nice being out of the rain
It's nice having air conditioning
It's nice to have something between you when some pissed off hornets are chasing you
It's nice to cut the fields without being totally covered in chaff

Of course, it happens that when they (father in law) sold a tractor, they sold the cab and kept the open one :(

/ Cab or No Cab #9  
CAB......CAB.... i love my cab tractor..rain, shine, sun, cold

/ Cab or No Cab #10  
Hi once again everyone,

Thanks to you guys that have answered my questions before. I got some great advice and thought I was ready to go on buying the tractor I wanted. HOWEVER I made the "mistake" of visiting the dealer this weekend and now I'm faced with a new problem.

Because of dealer location and reputation I have decided on a Kubota.

I thought a B3300SU would be good, quoted at $16800 with FEL.

Then I thought a B3200HSD due to the mid-PTO, quoted $17700 with FEL.

So I mosey on down to the dealership and see the B3000CAB and B3030HSDC. I sit in it, I'm immediately in love with comfort level, I start thinking "do i need a cab?".

B3000CAB quoted at $24500 with FEL, and B3030HSDC at $24100 with FEL. not sure if these are good prices or not..$7k difference from a 3200??

I live in MA and we get a fair amount of snow. I plan on installing a snow blower on the tractor as it will take over from my walk-behind. I also plan on brush cutting and clearing land, grading driveways, and keeping animals (goats, horses).

My dilemma would be whether to buy a B3200, and add an after market cab... or just pony up for the factory cabs on the B3000/B3030.

I guess the questions that I have are in an effort to convince me that this tractor is NOT a toy, but a workhorse that I will use for years to come. if I can convince myself of that... I dont have any problem spending the money :D

1) Are prices in the $24k range for the 3000/3030 tractors good?
2) Are after market cabs Curtis, Sims, comparable? when spec'd out don't they hit the $4000 range?
3) Those of you that bought open tractors and live in the colder climates, do you regret the lack of a cab?

Look forward to your opinions
Cab......