National Farm Machinery Show

/ National Farm Machinery Show #1  

Surge

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TA 210
Well, just got back to Nebraska from the NFMS in Louisville... what an event... two solid days (Wednesday and Thursday) looking at just about every tractor and implement, large and small, just about every color, even the long "purple" tractors... known to man, well, marketed in the US at least...

It was the closest thing to a show, fair and new product flea market all rolled into one....

The Kentucky Fair & Expo has to be just about the worlds largest, under roof, open display, convention center, all connected... what a perfect place for this show.... I was impressed... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It was fun to hook up with TBN'ers such as Chipperman, Inspector507 & JimMQ at the show, as well as visit with the Tiltmeter folks at their booth .. Everyone is very nice.. Inspector507 was taking pictures, hopefully others did as well (I recently broke my wife's digital) , now repaired, and was not about to do that again..... I have lots of brochures though !!!

Interesting sights... New Massey, GX2300, Kioti CK20, Kubota Grand L series, Caterpillar /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif, the McCormick Compact, Long "Purple" /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Landtrac, compacts from TAFE, Midwest Quick Hitch on a DK45. New "Eagle" Brand "DongFeng" chinese units leaking oil/fluids under new units on the showroom floor/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif..... Cub Cadet had no Mitsubishi made units on the floor /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif .....watching and listening to the Motorkote Guy - Dave sell his product /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif .... Glue so strong, after activation, it bonded "vulcanized" a rubber belt that could not be pulled apart...

Other sights just for interest....
Watching kids, follow their Dad's and then climb up on tractors with big grings ... Two Older couples, each walking hand and hand out of a motel resturant, all with a toothpick cleaning their teeth in the other hand just after breakfast. ....... Two fellas, both wearing cowboy hats, from Texas, wearing rodeo jackets and cowboy boots, talking on cell phones as they walked at the airport...... watching them hand out two free cans of Grizzely Chew at a booth to every one who came by... I took some and don't even smoke or use it, and gave it to a fella at the bar while I had a beer.... Father and Son implement dealers joking on the cell phone how they both got on a scale after watching guys weigh in at 145 and they topped it out together at 618 lbs. ... the father then said he thought it was 10 lbs off.... they were big boys let me tell you....I think I enjoyed watching and meeting the people as much as the machinery....

Anyway, let the feedback begin !!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ National Farm Machinery Show #2  
I enjoyed meeting at talking with you as well. I'm still at the show for another day, but head home Sat. night. Wish I had tickets for the tractor pull, but it was sold out before the show even began. Missed a couple of TBNer's, but heard they came through the booth. Sorry I wasn't there, but I enjoy getting out and seeing what's going on too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hopefully, I can meet some more TBN'ers tomorrow!

/ National Farm Machinery Show #3  
Surge, were you at the show on the 13th ? I was and followed some Nebraska plates out of the parking lot. You ?

It was great. I understand better now about how the control layout and ease of getting on and off of the tractor will effect my any future purchases. Some of the CUT's were more than a bit difficult getting on and off of. Levers, shifters and pedals made it a bit uncomfortable. Some, however were very nice and accessable. Liked the CAT for that.

It is a gigantic show! Walked for 6-7 hours...tried to soak it all up.......failed at that though.....brain got full. All in all a great trip.

Ben

/ National Farm Machinery Show
No, wasn't me driving (aren't they ugly plates) .. look good on yellow, red and black cars.. have been compared to crushed candy corn...or the "I can't believe it's Butter container".. appropriate I guess..... they do kind of grow on you though.....I flew in to Louisville on my way back from a business trip to San Antonio... Left Louisville this morning at 7:15 AM and arrived in Omaha at 10:45 AM.... There we several folks from Nebraska I ran into though... The Nebraska Alfalfa Growers and one of the Machinery and Truck Trader Mag's are from Lincoln Nebraska... Both of the folks at the booths new someone I know... small world....

/ National Farm Machinery Show #5  
That was one impressive show. I just wish I could have logged onto TBN while I was there. Had an issue connection through the hotels computer/phone system.
Was nice meeting Surge, and seeing JimMc once again. I lost track of him on Friday, the day I had all my questions all lined up about the new hitch /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerry

/ National Farm Machinery Show #6  
i made it there on friday, managed to catch up with a couple of the newagtalk guys

was cool.......so many toys (big uns) so little money.....lol

i really liked the new kiotis,

did ya hear the gossup about the next model to be release?...

i got all excited over the tractors, my friends think i am nuts, i have to tell them what a zetor and a valmet and a fendt is, other than jd cnh/ ford, they don't know many of the minority brands!.....they think i am nuts

laters

pudding

/ National Farm Machinery Show #7  
Yes the Kioti's were nice to look at. I heard they are planning some new CK's. Don't remember exactly but think they were CK25, maybe 30.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #8  
Hey Mr. Super Hero type dude,

The biggest question is...........Did you get to take a certain female European Tractor Pulling Champion out for dinner?

Hey,I heard they were giving away a great tractor test refference book down there. Did you scoop me a copy of it by any chance?

/ National Farm Machinery Show #9  
ya saw, the superwoman tractor pulling valmet chick

book?......hmm.........we had 3 or 4 at work, dunno if they are counted for!>....i will ask

laters

pudding