Default Hay in Texas

If anybody is looking for hay for this winter in Texas let me know! We have a bunch availble at resonable prices and not taking advantage of the drought situation!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

Default Re: Hay in Texas

just about everyone needs it now or they wont make it to winter

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

most people i know are hauling some of their cattle to the sale now.an alot are selling all of their cattle.we have 40acs that usually makes 80 to 100 bales a cutting thats made 18 bales so far.an they still like 3 small fields,so i doubt if itll make 30 bales total.we are going tobe lucky if we get 100 bales off all our meadows this year.culling the cows is getting close tho.

Yes same in these parts, people are selling out, but were trying to help the situation by not taking advatage of the drought and peoples back pocket due to supply and demand. Hay is a very scarce comodity and we are keeping are prices realistic and affordable and very close in price to last years prices despite the situation the drought has us in.

People are selling cattle out, the markets at a all time high, cattle number are at the lowest since 1957. Just imagine what the market is going to do at the beging of the year? I'm predicting 25%-35% increase. That will great "if" are commodies stay the same in price and fuel doesn't start jumping back and forth and or go up. If that's the case then no matter what they bring per pound will not matter do to inflation.

Looking forward to serving you in the present and in the future of Agriculture.

What kind of hay? I'm not sure I'll need any as I've just moved onto 40ac about 4 months ago and so far my fields still look pretty good for my 6 horses. Wouldn't mind hedging my bet. What I'm looking for is coastal or the like.
    2008 JD 5103, FEL, 6' Frontier, 6' HD boxblade, 7' Landscape rake, More impliments to come, Bobcat (clark) 742 SS.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by RPW View Post
    What kind of hay? I'm not sure I'll need any as I've just moved onto 40ac about 4 months ago and so far my fields still look pretty good for my 6 horses. Wouldn't mind hedging my bet. What I'm looking for is coastal or the like.
    Same here... looking for fertilized costal... prefer it in round bales.. I'm in N.E. Texas but dont mind travelling a little for good hay..
    Kubota L4400 GST

We have 4x5 net wrapped with JD baler jiggs coastal mix that is heavy fertilized for $60 a roll, Horse quality.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by MaherAgriculturalServices View Post
    We have 4x5 net wrapped with JD baler jiggs coastal mix that is heavy fertilized for $60 a roll, Horse quality.
    so where are you located at? What city??
    Kubota L4400 GST

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Quote Originally Posted by MaherAgriculturalServices View Post
    Where are you located and what will the bales weigh?

Tractor
    Bobcat T190 Ford 8N

You boys need to come to illinois. I have 10 acres begging to be cut. I just offered it to two guys yesterday for FREE.