Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat?

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #1  

Sockwell

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740-HSTC,CC/Y EX3200, 1950 8N
I made the same mistake others have made in that I bought a machine last year that was too small. I talked on another looking at an MX5100, but I had been spoiled by the nicities of the L3240. The MX is undoubtedly a strong tractor, but it just didn't seem to fit. Then, Marxman had to go and start the post about the "Cab or No Cab".

Signed the papers today on a L5740HSTC. It was on the lot, but the dealer had to order a few of the options. I got it with 2 rear remotes, QA Loader, and a radio. They're going to load the tires and move my WR Long Third Function Kit from the L3240 to this tractor. It is scheduled to be delivered the week after next.

Attachments

• DSC00222.jpg
    DSC00222.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 497
   / Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #3  
We moved up from Gravely 8000 series riders last year to a Kubota L3130HST. We love it and can't even imagine going back to the Gravelys (although I still use the Gravelys in the yard and for spraying)..

I have allergies to pollen and it was a battle all spring and summer with the Gravelys. It is so much better on the Kubota (less time to get mowing done and sits higher plus the rear finish mower instead of mid mount)..

I CAN imagine having a Kubota with a cab, we simply could not afford it for what we do, but a man can always dream.

You have a very nice tractor coming, enjoy it!

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #4  
A thing of beauty, you will love it long after the $$ are forgotten. Hope you got a FEL.

Would love a cab on mine, just not practicle around here.

Congrats.:thumbsup:

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #5  
Sweet!
Dave.

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #6  
Sockwell
Real nice !
Don't forget to keep a jacket in cab even in the summer in case it gets to "chilly" in there. :laughing:

Boone

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #7  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #8  
Congratulations, the L5740 is a great tractor and you will love the cab, I just spent the last five days in my L5030 HSTC and will be using the M8540 next week, couldn't handle it without a cab.

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #9  
Very nice! I am thinking you will like it a lot.:thumbsup:
P.S. That 9540 beside it looks sweet also :D

Ed

/ Bit the Bullet. Can I pass the hat? #10  
Great looking tractor!!! Man I would love to have a cab but it's just not practical here with all the trees and stuff, but I could sure get a lot more seat time when it's as hot as it is this summer. At a point you just have to park the tractor for the rest of the day.

Have fun and be safe

Charlie