My New JD 2110 Arrived!

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #61  
Henro, I can't disagree because I don't know any better, but JD calls their tires "R1 Bar Tires."

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #62  
Murph, all of JD's CUTS are green on the outside (hood, fenders,etc), black on the inside (chassis, transaxle, and components).

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived!
Yes, they certainly do look more like R1 tires than R4 tires...

So I guess if a marketing guy was going to try to relate the bar tire to a number designation...R1 bar would make the most sense... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I seem to remember seeing something somewhere that explained the difference between R1, R4 and even a R3 [whatever that is...can't remember].

Maybe someone who is more in tune with tire details can enlighten us more... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #64  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Murph, all of JD's CUTS are green on the outside (hood, fenders,etc), black on the inside (chassis, transaxle, and components). )</font>

Bigpete, I guess I have to take your word on it. I could swear my neighbor's 955 is all green. But I would have to take your word for it because I don't know for sure.

murph

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #65  
Murph, you could be right too. I should have said that I was referring to the new tractors I have been looking at for a few years. My neighbor has an 855 and I couldn't swear to the color of the chassis or transaxle. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #66  
Henro,

My "bar" tires are definately R1. I have "turf" tires too, that are R3. R4 tires are "industrial" tires with more rigid sidewalls and flatter, less agressive bar tread patterns than the R1s. The unanswered question at this point is whether there is a different class of tire called "ag" or "agricultural" that is different than the "bar" tires. It could just be a matter of semantics and a dealer or two wanting to remind me that they knew more than me about the tractors options.

I did some reading about the load ratings of tires awhile back and understand a little about the "ply ratings" but wouldn't claim to be an expert. For example, the 210 loader on the 2210 is spec'd for use with R1 4PR or R3 4PR tires and can be used with a higher "PR" (ply rating) but not a lower PR. You can buy turfs, bars, or industrial tires with a variety of ply ratings. Of course, the higher the rating the higher the price, typically.

Corrections are solicited /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #67  
In reference to picture editing. Just my 2 cents worth...but you might want to consider trying before buying. Go to www.downloads.com, look on the page for "Multimedia & Design", and click on "Image Editing". Now scroll down the page and look for "Paint Shop Pro 7.0". You can download a Trial version....it should be fully functional, however these things normally have a timer on them that will disable them after the trial period....usually 30 days or so.

Or, you might want to download "Paint Shop Pro 8.0 Beta". I haven't done this as I use version 7.0. But they indicate this version is free.

If you want to create smaller file sizes, be sure and do a "save as" and give it a new name and Most importantly, save it as .jpg....not .bmp. You shouldn't be able to tell the difference between jpg's or bmp's and the jpg's are a Much Smaller file size.

All I can say is, Paint Shop Pro is a very good program. There are many other image editing programs available, so you have many choices.

Have fun...by the looks of the Grin on your face, it looks like your already havin' fun.

DW

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #68  
Murph, bigpete,

My 855 has a black chassis and transaxle. Green paint must cost more /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived! #69  
TD,

I was told you pay an awful lot for the green paint. Maybe John Deere figured it out and started using other colors to compete.

No pun intended.

Murph

/ My New JD 2110 Arrived!
Bigpete and all,

Some ag type tire pics here

Hopefully, if you click on the above, there are pictures of some different tires. I was surprised there were so many that looked like ag tires. Maybe they are all... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I was thinking the type "J" was the real ag tire, but others shown also would qualify as well...

...at least to my eye /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif