Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tractor
    kubota l3830 hst/723 fel

Default Re: Pressure Washer

dont get a comet pump,go with cat[1st],general second.cat/honda[ohv not ohc] combo will maybee last you a lifetime.bws

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, Kubota B2410

Yeah, I agree with you, my mid price Briggs powered unit has a General Pump I think--it is 3GPM at 2500PSI. It runs great still after 3 years now and I have used it a bunch. When this unit is gone though I am going to do what I should have done--get the big one! I will get the Honda engine and a big CAT pump. For the occasional user it may not be needed but pressure washers are like FEL's, the more you use them the more things you figure out to do with them. In all fairness though, the Briggs is running strong and the pump is doing fine. I think it needs a new gasket set. Our water here has a lot of minerals too.
    You can, to a degree, increase GPM by lowering the pressure since I think most units have a pressure control adjusting valve. While my unit claims 3GPM at 2500, I set the pressure at 1500 and I figure it flows quite a bit more water. I added a pressure guage--designed for pressure washers and it is useful. J

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

BWS,

Can you direct me to one your recomend to me. Do they have a web page or something like that. I am cheap, but don't want something that will only last a year or so.

What I really want to do is, wash me tractor and my ATV wheeler. I really get into some mud with that thing.

Murph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

By the way the pic is not me. Here is our transportation. Go to Up North and check out the trouble we get into.

Murph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Murph,

Pretty interesting concept, those busses! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Nice site!

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

Yep,

A couple of retired buses. In Minnesota the schools can only use them for 15 years. You can buy them pretty cheap. Through a few grand and some hours and you got yourself a pretty good rig.

Murph

Go with at least 2.5 GPM or #3.) GPM or you won't be happy.
    I've had alot of experience with powerwashers and GPM makes far more difference that PSI. I race motorcycles so I use my powerwasher about 5 days a week. I've had my PW for about 10 years now and I had to replace My Cat Pump after 3. I"ve had a General on since and no problems. Purchased all from Northern Hydrolics. Only other thing I have replaced is my wand but that was do to usere stupidity. Whatever you buy you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it. good Luck

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130

I agree that you want 2.5 gpm minimum.

From using pw's in the past 2500 psi would be ok but myself I'd go with 3gpm and 3000psi. Definately stay away from those 1.x gpm washers at 1000-1500psi. My hose with a pressure nozel work better than those do.

For your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46010

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

CTyler,

I would love the one you recomend. But $900.00 versus $369.00 is a big difference. I only want to wash mostly grass of my tractor and mud off my 4 wheeler. I will use it at most two times a month and in the winter maybe only once. But I agree the bigger one would not only do a better job but probably last longer.

Murph

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130

They are a little spendy, thats just my personal preference. The one you picked out should work ok.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast