Pressure Washer

/ Pressure Washer #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
I am really in need of a good pressure washer. I want a gas operated one and have been looking at one from Northern Tool Part #157754. I have seen this one at Home Depot and other places but only about $50.00 more and has a different name on it. But it looks exactly the same otherwise.

Has anyone got any other suggestions for me or has this one right now and can tell me how they like it.

Murph

/ Pressure Washer #2  
Thcri:

Picked one up from the depo last weekend and just got around to using it this weekend ran it most of the day on Saturday and all day on Sunday. 2500 psi honda powered ran like a champ no complaints gave about 425.00 for it but renting was costing me 50 for 24 hrs and the inconvense of having to make the trip to pick it up and drop it off.

It has plenty of power, thought it was going to blow the siding off the house but cleaned it off with out the need for bleach or other cleaning products just with pressure and I cleaned off the 3 rail wood fence looks like new wood.

do I like it? yes I do. will it last a life time? I dout it it's still just a depo pressure washer.

Whiskey

/ Pressure Washer #3  
I bought a Delta 2200 psi washer with a Honda engine last year from Sam's Club. I've used it several times on a lot of concrete and to wash the house siding. I think it as $300, and I got an extended warranty for another $15.

My only compaint is that I wish the hose would swivel at the handle, it seems that the hose is always getting kinked up (not really kinked, but looped on itself) during use.

/ Pressure Washer #4  
My experience with pressure washers has taught me to stay away from any with a Tecumseh motor on it. They are very hard starting and tended to use oil after a few hours. Others might have better luck with the Tecumseh, but I view them as boat anchors. Save your self some aggravation and go with the Honda powered unit like the other fellows mentioned. They gave you some good advice!

/ Pressure Washer #5  
I've mentioned this before, but it's important. Look for GPM before PSI. I would much rather have a 1500 PSI @ 3 GPM then a 2000 PSI @ 2.5 GPM. Problem is, the manufactuers know folks are impressed with the PSI figure and build more in that direction. Look for at least 3 GPM, you will find this flow much more useful. Rat...

/ Pressure Washer #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Look for at least 3 GPM )</font>

But first make sure your water supply can keep up with the gpm figure!

Pete

/ Pressure Washer
I have a real good water supply. The problem is with the 3GPM's I end up going to a system that doubles in price. The best price on the 3GPM was $779.00 versus $369.00 for the 2.5 GPM. I just can't see paying the difference for what I am using it for.

Murph

/ Pressure Washer #8  
Thcri:

I have to be honest here, like they said I never looked at the GPM rating didn't know to, but if the price your saying is correct for 3.0 GPM I'll have to side with you on the price for the typical home owner that want's to clean 779 is way to much, heck I thought the 430 that I payed was to much /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whiskey

/ Pressure Washer #9  
Who doesn't have at least 3 gpm water supply available? I am not sure where one would encounter a situation where such a small amount is available. Most hose bibs can put out about 10 to 15 GPM and garden valves upwards of 15 GPM. I suppose there could be situations where folks have a well and no holding tank where the well output is less then desired, but in my area, it would not meet code and you would either be required to put in a tank or find another place to drill. Imagine living in a home where the water supply is less then 2 or 3 gpm and using the shower while someone turns on the kitchen sink, flushes the toilet etc., one or both would suffer severely. Thats probably why the code exists. Rat...

/ Pressure Washer #10  
No doubt Murph, thats very true. The price gets up with an increase in GPM (just like our tractors). If your washing your tractor or cars etc., your 2.5 gpm would be OK. Start washing a house or driveway and the difference is amazing. This is what I have found with folks and pressure washers. When it comes to the larger jobs, they forego their small pressure washer and just use the hose with 10 to 15 GPM. This really applys to larger areas of driveways etc. Cost can certainly be a big factor towards the purchase and understandably the major deciding factor. If I did a good deal of power washing around the house, (and I do) I would wait until I could afford a higher GPM unit. My 2 cents, again, Rat...