confused

/ confused #1  

Fisherman305

If anyone can tell me the major difference between the B7500 through the B210 i would appreciateit. I am going to buy a new tractor real soon and i am confused on which one to buy.
I will be mowing 2 or 3 acres of level yard and push some snow probable plow my garden. Wondering if the 7500 will do.
what is the opinion on the gear vs Hydro transmission?
and and all comments are welcome. they have sure changed since they made my old 8n. ajohnston@gva.net :shocked: [/list] [*]

/ confused #2  
I will just touch on this lightly, there could be a lot of detail involved with a full answer. The B7500 is a very popular, value priced tractor. The primary differences between the B7500 and B2410 etc line is the lack of position control on the 3ph, and incrementally lower 3ph lift limits. Someone can go further with the differences accross the Kubota line. Beyond that, the much-debated gear vs. hydro question has more to do with what you plan on doing with your tractor then anything else. For finish mowing, snow removal, operating in tight quarters, hydro is the way to go. After snowplowing over and over this winter with a gear tranny, I would love a hydro. But once I get out into the field this summer, the gear will be fine. You should do a search on the b7500 on this site - that will probably give you a month's worth of reading. Compared to an 8n, any new tractor will be more productive and enjoyable.

/ confused #3  
The gear trans is great for constant speed stuff like plowing, tilling, planting, mowing long or constant stretches etc.. and you'll have more PTO power.

The hydro is great for dirt work, mowing yards, moving snow or anything that requires a lot of direction changes and speed adjustments. The downside is less PTO power and expense.

I went hydro for all the dirt work that needs done and the couple acres I will be finish mowing. I love it, very easy to use. Thats not to say one can't do the other its just better suited.

I'll have to let someone else answer the 7500 question. I only looked at the 2910, 3010 and L3130 and NH 29 and 33D tractors.

/ confused #4  
Ha......Thats what I get for walking away from the keyboard. Got a post snuck in before mine...LOL!

/ confused #5  
Hi Fisherman305,

Welcome to TBN. You will find a lot of answers here!

In a nutshell, the 2410 is just a bit bigger than the 7500. And a bit smaller than the 7800/2710/2910 which are the same physical size.

From your description, the b7500 would work well for you. Actually, if grass cutting is the primary goal, the smaller b2200 may be superior for that purpose. There is one person here [trescrows] that if I remember correctly has both of these tractors, and says that the 2200 is a superior grass cutter.

When you look at the different size tractors in the b-series line up, as you go larger in size you get a little more capacity as well. Larger loader, more ground clearance and so on.

If you like to drive an automatic car or truck, you may like the hydro transmission. There has been much discussion here on the manual/hydro question. If you search the archives you well soon tire of reading about that issue I'll bet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enjoy your search for the tractor. You will really love whatever you end up getting...

/ confused #6  
Now I have a question..... no position controll on the 7500? What is it? Just a middle detent with up for lift, and down for lower.. or does it travel all the way up with no stops untill max height?

Soundguy

/ confused #8  
I can't comment on how it will perform plowing a garden, but I can tell you from experience it will do a great job mowing your land and over the past weekend and Monday I did quite a bit of snow plowing 38 inches worth /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif it did a great job. The physical size of the B line-up is very similar. Have fun shopping pick the one that fits you as well as your wallet the best. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ confused #9  
Cool.. that is essentially what i was thinking of.

Not sure which method I like better...hmm...

Soundguy

/ confused
Re:From confused to must choose between two

I have finally decided that i will either purshase the Kubota B7800HSD or the Massed Furgerson 1428
Kubota a few dollars higher and has two more HP. I do not think i can go wrong with either however the massey is not hSD IT HAS A DIFFERENT trans set up both have position control. Everthing considered it is a tough decision. any comments? [/list]