John Deere & New Holland

/ John Deere & New Holland #1  

Whiskey

Platinum Member
Tractor
YM 187 Yanmar / JD 790
OK, Tractor Nuts:

It's been a busy week, made some time to get outside and sit my backside on some tractors.

Heres what I'm finding

Landtrac 300 w/loader
nice but not as refined as I was wanting it to be and the dealer is asking $19,480.00 for it. Told him I see them on the web all the time for $13,800.00 without loader to $15,000.00 with loader. this is the point where he coped an attatude and wanted to see proof so I E-mailed him the links, about 5 of them and got quite the nasty E-mail in return from him. (opps time to move on)

John Deere 790 w/419 loader
Nice, fit me well (I'm not a big guy) simple to operate felt good on it and being I've got a Yanmar that has run for me without any problems in the last 10 years I'm somewhat parshal to them. Asking price was $15,900.00 with ind. tires

New Holland
Just got back, "WOW" went to climb on the TC30 but only got to drive the TC33 Boomer and it didn't have the loader on it asking price for it w/loader was $17,350.00 out of reach for me, but was a joy to ride around on. Anywho back to the subject at hand. The TC30 up close was nice not to much just the kind of tractor I'm looking for but them again so is the JD790 asking price on the TC30 was $15,950.00 w/ ind. tires.

Here's what I'm getting at all tractors I'm looking at are geared with loader and what I'm going to do is mow 5 acres and move some horse manure around and maybe some dirt too. I've seen the the differance on the JD & NH in loader lift capacity & 3 point lift capacity, range slection 3 vers 2, shift lever on the collor or between the legs, wet disk & dry shoe bla, bla, bla. When I do a search of this site I come across folks paying close to a grand less for the same two tractors that I'm looking at that is alot of haggling room is the asking price a little higher because I live in Florida and it cost more to transport on the back of a truck than most of your dealers or do I expect to haggle close to a grand out of the price?

PS: you show up to look at tractors with digi camera in hand and the dealers look at you kind of funny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifbut how else am I spose to keep this all straight in my head without something to look at when I get back home /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

any words of wisdom will be herd
Thanks
Whiskey

/ John Deere & New Holland #2  
Sounds like your doing some real good detective work (camera..). You'll make the right choice I'm sure. Just one question though..why not look at Kubota also?
Good luck!

/ John Deere & New Holland #3  
Whiskey,

Which dealer is the one you like the best?? That is the one I would work with. Both tractors including others are good. Also you are not too big for what you want to do with it but you may be able to drop down a size. I have a TC29D and when compairing it with the TC33D there was a good $1,300 difference in price. The 29 horse power would do the job just fine. As far as John Deere versus New Holland, one is not any better than the other. The dealer makes it go.

Murph

/ John Deere & New Holland #4  
Whiskey:
At the risk of stating the obvious, and knowing that you are a silver member and therefore been around this board a while, I have to ask why you are limiting your choice to two? I have owned two JDs, two IH, and Mahindra. I know when I was doing my investigation to purchase my last tractor I looked at all the major brands and everything else I could find. Suggest going to ag or power shows where most of them will be within short distance of each other. I spent hours doing this and it really helped me. Once I narrowed it down, it was time to check out dealers. I know alot has been said on this site about how important the dealer is, and I agree, but with this thought...pick the product you want, that fits, and suits your needs, don't let the dealer pick it for you. Thats why there are boards like this one, and people like you and me post on them. We are searching for insight to help us make the best decision possible, to confirm or dismiss ideas in our heads that we believe are important in the decision making process. All of us have a common thread, and that is we get enjoyment from knowing, learning, buying, selling, etc., tractors and related equipment. In short, be guided by your own thoughts, filter the thoughts of others, and you will make the right decision for you . And...my thought is that its not just the dealer, its the actual manufacture also. Alot of what goes on between the customer and the dealer is driven by the relationship between the dealer and the manufacture. It is good to learn as much as you can about that relationship because the better it is, usually means the better treatment you will get with pricing, warranty, and parts. Good luck!