JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy?????

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy????? #11  
What prices are we starting out with...?

Exactly what is your major use gonna be?

Maybe I missed something... what is your current tractor not able to do?

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy????? #12  
JohnMiller,

I am kind of with you on this. I for some reason can't understand why his existing 30 hp can't handle what he is doing? I have a 29 hp and can do everything that TBird wants to do without a problem.

I think he should look at 4 wd, especially if he has any intention of selling. That 2wd will loose so much of its value as soon as it comes off the lot.

I also think Tbird should thow in another tractor just for comparison. Someone told me Case is really throwing out some good prices right now to get their new line going some, same as New Holland. Might be surprised, might find a real hungry dealer right now.

Just my two cents
Murph

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy????? #13  
tbird
A couple of things that I like on the L4300 are the flat operator's platform and a hydraulic independent PTO.
Lewis

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy????? #14  
You can't go wrong with either one of those units. The dealer I liked best would be the deciding factor in this case. I personally like the more open platform of the Kubota. I would echo the other sentiments and go for 4WD. To purchase one of these in 2WD is false economy. I would also see if there's a Mahindra dealer close by. Their 4500 series is available in 2 & 4WD and will impress you.
Pacesetter

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy?????
Okay...the pricing is as follows --- the JD 990 is 12347 and the Kubota L4300 is 12,500. Both are comparably equiped -- nothing over the standard except for the weights for the front end. What do u guys think is the best deal going???? OH...in case its any difference..and, I dont know this as I am basically a newbie here...but, the JD dealership is about 6 miles from here and the Kubota places is about 14! Thanks!

The 990 is a chinese tractor??????? Okay..I knew it had japanese parts..but, a chinese tractor I definately dont want!! We have a cheap chinese tractor in the back now & it's been nothing but a hunk of junk! When did JD start going Chinese???????

Here's the problem with the tractor I have now...its basically a piece of junk! It's a Chinese made Bison..which is a knock off on Ford...its a FWD and gets stuck and stalls constantly. I suppose that its for that reason that I want something bigger...although I may be thinking this because I have been driving that Bison around!! At any rate...I can afford the bigger one so, I suppose I will go that route...but, I may rethink the 2WD thing again. I can see that all of you favor the FWD...maybe I need to throw in the extra for that. I was also checking on a NH..but, I don't know much about them. Whats a good comparable model to look at for them??? Thanks for all the help guys!

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy????? #18  
i agree with you pacesetter, take a look at the mahindra's they have the 3505 and the c35 2wd's both in the 35hp range or go up to the 4500 also 2wd or 4wd, you wont be dissapointed. i also would look at 4wd 2810, 3510, 0r 4110, you say you have problems with your current tractor doing the jobs on hills, 4 wd will help greatly with your traction as well as your resale value with the mahindras as well as some other they have alot more weight to the tractor which will also help.

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy????? #19  
TBird,

The difference in mileage to your dealer is zilch. I would not let that be a part of my decision. Six versus 14 miles. Which dealer is the one you feel the most comfortable with. The price difference is only about $150.00. Is one of the dealers more receptive to your nees than the other. Is one willing to help you more. I don't care how good the tractor is, you will need service on it, and yes you will even need warranty work.

Unless your set on on rig, I would totally go with the dealer of you like the most.

Murph

/ JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy????? #20  
someone got their <font color="red"> </font> 'neses <font color="black"> </font> mixed up. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif They are Yanmar from Japan. I would still personally go with the Kubota just because of the flat platform. I know nothing about the specs that are not so obvious like hydraulics, 3 PT lift and number of gears. The only way to tell is to get some seat time with each.
Pacesetter