Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tractor
    L3710DT, 4wd, R4's

Default Re: JD990 vs Kubota L4300 which one to buy?????

Either one will be a fine choice and both fit with what you're doing.

Tractor
    JD 855 4WD, HST

tbird,

I have a simple 24 horses in my JD (MFWD) and a fairly hilly, very rocky 5 acres. I brush hog (4 foot), box blade (5 foot), finish mow (5 foot) without even the slightest bit of trouble. Is your current machine 2 or 4 WD? I would think that a kubota 2410, 2710, 2910, JD 42XX or NH 24, 29, or 33 (Boomers) would be more power than you'll ever need. I guess most of us would choose to get a biger machine if possible but you could save a fair amount of money going smaller. This would leave you more left over for attachments [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

Popeye, the JD 990 is made in Japan, along with the Yanmar engine. At least the JD website lists Japan as country of origin, it has been wrong before. Where do you get your information?...Kyle

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was also checking on a NH..but, I don't know much about them. Whats a good comparable model to look at for them???)</font>

I'd look at the TC40. This is physically a bit larger and heavier than the JD 990. The NH TC40 and the kubota L4300 both have a LOT more lift capacity on the 3 pt hitch than the JD 990 (2300+ vs 1573 for the JD). The NH has more bell's and whistles than the JD (the 990 is JD's stripped down "price fighter" still a good, solid tractor). I'm not too familiar with the Kubota.

The NH TC40 is probably closer to the Kubota L4310 or the JD 4500 or 4600.

Last time I looked (a couple of years ago) you could get a TC40 with FEL, telescoping 3 pt hitch arms and folding ROPs options for under $20K. The TC40D (adds hydrostatic tranny and other deluxe options) ran about $21,500. These prices were before any negotiations on my part, and there were no dealer incentives going on at the time

Hope this helps.

John Mc

The John Deere 990 is made by Yanmar made in Japan. I looked at them when I was buying my tractor I have owned two Yanmar tractors ym147Dand 240D both very good machines but I needed something bigger and Bought a Long Landtrac410D.Theprice was close with a loader I went with the long because of the shuttleshift,electric hydro PTO,and dual rear remotes standard.Iwould look at the longs I there is a dealer near you. I would also go with the fwd its worth the money the first time you use it. I felt I was getting a heavier better equipped tractor for the money with the Long. I would look at the Landtrac450Dor even the 360D to compare. To answer your question betwwen the two you listed I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 990 but would get fwd for the extra $1000or so dollars.The Landtracs are made in Korea by LG Cable with Mitsubishi engines,also the loaders have a sub frame which the deere doesn't which I think is important to look at with a loader.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123