BX1860 owners

/ BX1860 owners #1  

b737boss

I've been looking at both the 1860 and 2360. Are you 1860 owners happy with it's capability. Is there anytime you said I wish I had or needed more power.

I've got 1.25 acres to mow and would use the fel for mulch and landscaping.
Snow removal in the winter...My cub 1046 can hardly pull my 48 inch plugger.

Thanks for your input....

/ BX1860 owners #2  
I'm assuming that Cub was a B&S gas engine, and if so, you're in for a tremendous surprise. The power of a diesel engine.

I had an 1860 for almost 2 years and pushed HUGE snow, plowed my gardens with a middle buster, dragged a field cultivator, dug potatoes, hoisted snow banks, gravel, sand, etc. Pulled a rear finishing mower. I LOVED it.

It was a brute and I never wanted for anything more. The difference comes down to this, imho. If you want a chipper from your rear PTO or want to run a PTO heavy duty roto-till, or wish to have the 60" mowing deck, you'll have to go with the 2360. It's just that simple. Each model of Kubota tractors have their very specific niche slot for a reason.

If not, if you're talking mowing a couple of acres of lawn, mulching, snow, dirt, and other duties, get the 1860, pocket the $1700 difference and use that money to buy implements and smile, smile, smile. The 1860 deck choices are 48" and 54".

You couldn't go wrong with either choice.

/ BX1860 owners #3  
Thanks for the input BP. I'm looking at replacing my large garden tractor too, and though they are expensive, I've been looking, and thinking about another BX. I had a very early BX22, but I never mowed with it, and used the backhoe mostly. I like my B a lot for 3pt work, and woods stuff, but i'm not sure about mowing with it. Do you like yours for that, and do you have the 54" mower, or the 60"?

Edit: Oops, I see you have an RFM. I have many trees, rocks, etc. to mow around so I have thought that wouldn't work so well for me...... never tried one though.

/ BX1860 owners #5  
An 1860 used as a general, all purpose, utility tractor in place of an old time GT? Awesome!!! I liked the old GTs of the 60's and 70's, but the BX is a killer of a lawn mower, but sooooooo much more. The fuel savings of diesel alone is worthy of note these days. CHDinCT had an BX1860 for a long time, is very knowledgeable and is helpful as well. There's a lot of guys here with them.

For work requiring ground clearance? No, but for what the OP discussed, he couldn't go wrong with either the 2360 or 1860. If a guy is going to mow, mulch, etc, the 1860 is tailor made. If a guy is going to operate higher horsepower PTO devices? Go with the higher horsepower BXs. The "step up" dollars are nothing to sneeze at, so choose wisely Grasshopper. Sorry, flashed back to Kung Fu there. Loved that show. :D

/ BX1860 owners #6  
I dont have the 1860 but a BX24 (2350) and I use it for mowing with the 60 MMM and I will never go back to "just a lawn mower" again. I am reallyt impressed with Kubota's bagger for it. Heavy as all heck to move and a bit of a PITA to install but works wonders. My old husquvarna I emptied 6-8 times while mowing with the Bx I empty only 1-2 times. If I didn't need the BH I probably would have gone with the 1860

/ BX1860 owners #7  
Yes, I had a BX1860 for 2.5 years before trading up to a BX25 to get the backhoe, not because I needed more hp. Moved plenty of stone, dirt and snow with the FEL, and built some stone walls with it.

BP basically nailed it on the deciding factor being heavy PTO demanding implements like a chipper, generator or brush hog, though I ran a DR PTO chipper on mine with good results. I had the 54" mower and it ran it fine. I would bet the 1860 could run the 60" mower too, but for marketing reasons and perhaps it not fitting between the slightly smaller wheel base of the 1860, Kubota doesn't offer it. So, basically, if you don't have plans for rear PTO implements that require a given hp beyond what the BX1860 puts out, it will work fine for you and be miles ahead of your cub 1046. Mind you the BX1860 will run a rototiller or brush hog, just a little smaller size. Kubota does offers Landpride versions of each for the BX1860, just a little smaller.

Attachments

• BX1860 For Sale 013.jpg
    BX1860 For Sale 013.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 1,389
  • IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • BX1860 w Rear Blade 002.JPG
    BX1860 w Rear Blade 002.JPG
    926.5 KB · Views: 1,769
   / BX1860 owners
Hi guys, thanks for the all the info. 1860 it is....wrooster I especially like your platform on back of your tractor.

/ BX1860 owners #10  
Hi guys, thanks for the all the info. 1860 it is....wrooster I especially like your platform on back of your tractor.
That "platform" is known generically as a "carry-all". A carry-all starts out life as a welded-up steel assembly, which you can buy at Tractor Supply or similar for about US$75 to $120 or so. From there you bolt on wood decking to suit your needs.

See this thread for some more pics of my carry-all, and how it's built up:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/200169-carry-all-project-number-872-a.html

Also see
CountyLine Carry All - 2128210 | Tractor Supply Company
and
Carryall for your carryall ... - TractorByNet.com

If you do a search on "carryall" or "carry-all" you will find many different carry-all implementations with unique features.

Wrooster