Took TBN's advice, now I need your help!

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #1  

Anonymous Poster

Took TBN\'s advice, now I need your help!

Hello All-

If you recall, I posted earlier about getting a tractor for 15 acres. Well, I took your advice and decided to move up in power and size, as well as cost. It looks like my two choices are the JD 4210 or the Kubota 3130. If you look at the comparisons on either site, it is very hard to tell which tractor is the better buy. Can anyone out there give me some real world feedback as I am very confused as to which direction to go. As of right now, I have both tractors configured the same and the price is very close. Which would you choose and why? Thanks in advance,

Dan

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #2  
Re: Took TBN\'s advice, now I need your help!

In a dilemma like that, I'd just go visit both dealers, drive around on each of the tractors awhile, and buy the tractor that I felt best about. They're both good machines and you'll probably be happy with either one.

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #3  

Bird,

I have to agree. Both tractors are good. Get the one that you feel more comfortable with and hey, which dealer do you think is going to give you the best service.

Murph

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help!

Danno33,

All I can say [and I know you don't want to hear it] is that if I were considering the 3130 I would seriously consider the 3430, as it is the same tractor but with more power for the future...

I know nothing about the 4210 so I can't really help you with your question...but if you decide on the Kubota, compare the price difference between the 3130 and 3430 before you make the final decision...Myself if I were in that position and could afford it I would choose the same frame and bigger HP...if I planned on keeping that tractor for a long time...

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #5  

A 4310 JD compares more closely to a 3130. A 3130 can usually be bought for less than a 4310.. Actually drive each tractor. Being fortunate to own a 3130, I am biased and it is hard to beat. How good each dealer is will also effect your decision. Kubotas do break, but see how many Kubotas are in the dealers shop for service-probably won't see many. You can't make a bad choice with either tractor. Hope this biased opinion helps.

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #6  

I think the 3130 would fall in between the 4210 and the 4310.

You should be able to get a 4210 ehydro, MFWD, R4s, folding ROPS and loader somewhere between $17,500 and $18,725.

The 4310 with same options, somewhere between $18,300 and $19,660.

It all depends on how hungry the dealer is. I don't know Kubota prices, just that they are good tractors too.

Good luck

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help!

If both tractors spec closely, then drive them both around abit and which ever you feel more comfortable on is the one for you. sometimes, its just a personal preference to the location of various controls between tractors that make the difference in a sale.

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #8  

" Just moved here from the city. Can I cut 15 acres with my push mower? ".......................
Yes...Remove blade & Install pump and tank on push mower deck to hold roundup concentrate......Push slowly over your 15 acres twice a year......We in the country call it chemical mowing !!!!.............Tom

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #9  

I have a JD 4200 (predecessor to the 4210) and am very happy with it for my eleven acres. I looked at the Kubota first for a couple of reasons. A good friend had one and was very happy with his and the local Kubota dealer is less than a mile down the road and is an old HS classmate.

I'm a bit taller than most and the Kubota with HST just wasn't comfortable for me to operate with the foot rocker control (though I loved the placement of the SCV for the front end loader). The Deere was far more comfortable for me to operate (except for the placement of the SCV for the front end loader).

There were two things that made me pick the Deere. First, I could rework the lever for the SCV and have it accomodate my height while I couldn't easily rework the HST control on the Kubota. Second, and more important, the 4200 was available at a really great price.

While I feel the dealer is more important than the brand, I ended up buying the Deere because my friendly Kubota dealer told me I'd be a fool if I didn't (at the price) and, further, if I didn't buy it, he would! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif More importantly, he told me he'd be happy to work on it anytime I needed anything done. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you're equally happy with the two tractors and the pricing is reasonably close then it really comes down to the dealer with whom you feel most comfortable.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Took TBN's advice, now I need your help! #10  

i think u are down to the selection point where u don't need any more help in deciding, u just have to go with the one U feel better about. both good machines. keep us posted.