Comparison Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts?

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #1  

wbuoni

Tractor
Kubota L3600
Hi All - newbie here looking for advice on tractor purchase.

Currently have a Kubota L3600 w/loader and backhoe which was fine on our 13-acre horse farm. We moved and now have approx. 60 acres, 40 of which are in pasture. Would like a tractor powerful enough to run basic hay equipment - mower, square baler, etc. Figure minimum 40 hp in the PTO. We own 20-acres in the SC Low Country which I visit once a year so the bush hog gets a work out knocking down 2-3 inch saplings (they grow like weeds - <sigh>).

Looking at the Kioti DK50SE and Mahindra 5035. Like them both. The Mahindra looks to be a beefier tractor, but runs around 3k more price wise. Quote for Kioti w/loader $22,500 and for Mahindra $25,700. Want to add a new 6 ft bush hog and root grapple, and am trying to keep total costs under 30k.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!!

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #2  
from what i understand both are good tractors.but you need to see how meny dealers you have in your area,because some are here today gone tomorrow.have you considered a MX5100 kubota it has the horse power todo what you need done.

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #3  
Where about are you in low country? I'm near Cottageville. I just got the DK50SE HST and love the tractor. I got it with the Cab and had a root grapple added. I'm pulling a 6ft rotary cutter, wacking 3-4 inch stuff and the tractor is doing great. The issue I had, was there is no dealer close to me. I think the closest is between 75-100 miles. The one thing I have noticed is that you have to clean the screens daily when bushhogging the type of growth or the tractor will quickly start pushing the overheat range. I've just started making it a daily start up and sometime midday event when cutting. I found the tractor has a lot of lifting power with the FEL. One of the things the mechanic at the dealer told me to do was do a complete bolt check at 25hrs since that seemed to be the point they tended to become loose. I love the ease of checking and adding hydo fluid at rear. I also have duel rear remotes so running anything later will be a snap.

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #4  
This does not answer your question, but may play into your decision. I've recently upgraded from a Kubota L3240 to a L5740 (to be delivered today). While in the process, I thought I ought to look at other brands. I am uncomfortable about the closest Kioti dealership, but really tried to find a Mahindra 5035HST to try.

None of the 3 nearest dealers had a 35HST series in stock. All of the dealers seemed initially seemed willing to help. One even called the state sales rep. for Alabama. The rep. told the dealer there weren't showing any 35's on lots in state. The dealer then offered to pay my expenses to the Tennessee assembly plant. I feel that the dealer was making an effort to help.

In spite of his efforts, two things turned me off. I am getting a stump grinder, so wanted 2 rear remotes. I also run a grapple, so I wanted a third function kit for the loader. According to the dealers, the 5035 is only available with one rear remote. Again, according to the dealers, there is no factory third function kit available. One of the dealers is also carries W.R. Long. He was to check with them about one of their kits, but never called back.

If you're good with hydraulics and a few tools, you can put together your own systems and overcome both problems. And, for all I know, W.R. Long does offer a kit for the third function. However, I felt like it was better in my case to go back with a larger version of what I had.

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts?
Property in SC is in Beaufort County on Lady's Island. We love the area. Visit at least once a year to keep the saplings form becoming a forest. Hoping to build our retirement home there.

My Kubota has served me well. Haven't considered another since prices tend to be about 25% more then comparable Kioti or Mahindra. From what I have read, value vs. cost favors Mahindra and Kioti. Probably sensible to at least make a trip to a dealer to see what they have comparable.

I work a couple miles from the Mahindra distributor in Chattanooga, so less concerned about availability. If they don't have inventory on the lot they can pull it and assemble it in a couple of hours. Already talked to them about the hydraulics for the third function kit and we'll get that done before delivery. They're price for the WR Long OBG1 grapple plus 3rd function kit/install is just under 3k.

Kioti Dealer I'm not as sure about.

One reason I have been leaning towards the Mahindra. Decisions, decisions ...

Thanks for feedback!!

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #6  
Just to let you know, the 35 series come with 1 rear remote and a second is available. The second remote did not use to be available, but has been available this year. I would get the second remote if it were me. ;)

Have you considered an LS tractor? A U5030 is a very nice machine and I believe that it is available with 3 rear remotes and the website says that it comes with a front remote std. :cool: You might want to ask over in the LS forum, there are a few guys over there that have that tractor. If I were looking for that size machine, I would definitely consider that tractor and I am a Mahindra guy X 2. The 5035 is a beast though and would be hard to beat. Actually almost a toss up between the three of them as long as you want an open platform. My guess would be that the LS is the best deal for your money right now though. ;)

Good luck

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #7  
I have a 5035 and have to say it is a very nice smaller tractor(size), but doesn't lack at all in the power department i have a 6' bushog that the tractor spins with ease. I have had minor problems out of it, the fan belt twisted and flipped but stayed on the pulley when new, nothing major im guessing its from vibrations and such with being new, about 30 hrs on machine. The tach quit working for a couple days also when new but started working again and has ever since about 75 hrs on machine. The hood latch is the ONLY thing i have bad to say and it is poorly placed if you are going to be in a bunch of saplings or some major land clearing type bushogging. Overall i would buy the same tractor again with a second thought and the price you are seeing is right in line with what i gave for mine. The tractor now has about 275 hrs of use and no major problems. I hope this helps in your decision.

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts?
Well I used Saturday to visit a few dealers.

Did a search for LS dealers and found one within 100 square miles. About a 40-minute drive and when I got there they only had 2 on the lot. Asked about the U5030 but that went nowhere. Very small dealer and I am not about to buy a tractor without seeing it first. So LS is out.

Stopped by a local Deere/Kubota dealer. The sale rep I spoke with recommended against the MX5100, suggesting the Deere 5055E instead. He quoted me 26900 with the FEL.

Mahindra and Kioti still at the top of my list. The biggest difference for me right now is the dealer. I really like the guy I am working with at Mahindra, and the dealership operates out of the Chattanooga Assembly Plant so stock is not an issue. Quoted me about $3200 for the W. R. Long OBG-1 72-inch grapple with the kit plus installation.

When I asked the Kioti dealer about ordering a grapple and adding the Third Function Kit he told me they can't be installed on the DK50SE. I was a bit disappointed.

Still deciding on the shuttle shift vs. HST as well. Initially thinking shuttle but reading a lot of positive feedback on the HST. Still hate to give up the power in the PTO, even if it is only a couple of horsepower.

Looking at the Bush Hog 296 rotary cutter, which calls for 45 hp in the PTO. 41.5 hp w/HST vs 43 hp w/out. Not sure what impact the difference actually makes.

Decisions, decisions ...

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #9  
With the variable speed available with the HST you won't notice the difference in power. When that little bitt of extra power is required,(which will probably be few and far between) you just let your foot back on the hydro pedal and you will have the power to get through. The 5035 is one very nice tractor. Mahindra asked all of us dealers what we wanted to see in the 35 series, before they designed it, and the company really came through with a great machine for us.

/ Kioti DK50SE vs Mahindra 5035 - Thoughts? #10  
Well I used Saturday to visit a few dealers.

Did a search for LS dealers and found one within 100 square miles. About a 40-minute drive and when I got there they only had 2 on the lot. Asked about the U5030 but that went nowhere. Very small dealer and I am not about to buy a tractor without seeing it first. So LS is out.

Stopped by a local Deere/Kubota dealer. The sale rep I spoke with recommended against the MX5100, suggesting the Deere 5055E instead. He quoted me 26900 with the FEL.

Mahindra and Kioti still at the top of my list. The biggest difference for me right now is the dealer. I really like the guy I am working with at Mahindra, and the dealership operates out of the Chattanooga Assembly Plant so stock is not an issue. Quoted me about $3200 for the W. R. Long OBG-1 72-inch grapple with the kit plus installation.

When I asked the Kioti dealer about ordering a grapple and adding the Third Function Kit he told me they can't be installed on the DK50SE. I was a bit disappointed.

Still deciding on the shuttle shift vs. HST as well. Initially thinking shuttle but reading a lot of positive feedback on the HST. Still hate to give up the power in the PTO, even if it is only a couple of horsepower.

Looking at the Bush Hog 296 rotary cutter, which calls for 45 hp in the PTO. 41.5 hp w/HST vs 43 hp w/out. Not sure what impact the difference actually makes.

Decisions, decisions ...

I have the DK50SE HST with Cab and they added the WR Long Root Grapple (72 inch) with the hydro/electric control at the dealer for me. I don't know why they can't for the DK50SE.