JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #21  
I don't understand the placement of the filter either. The picures above show a tractor that has not been outfitted for the loader. The attached gives a different perspective on the placement with the loader support installed. I do think that I would have to be pretty deep into the sh--tuff before I could damage it, however.

Attachments

• 240228-2210_frnt_bld.jpg
    240228-2210_frnt_bld.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 197
   / JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #22  
While I think that the location they chose for the filter is a bad one, I think this could be fixed pretty easily. Perhaps a guard bolted on with a hinge that would allow you to replace the filter easily enough while protecting it all other times. This certainly shouldn't be a huge negative. Here at TBN, we can fix this.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #23  
Pete,

You are correct about the grass/weed clippings and frequency of cleaning. I have the 4010 which has a grill design similar to the 2210.

While I fire up the compressor and clean the grill, radiator and radiator screen after every use, I have not run into excessive build-up of debris.

Have fun on the new tractor.

Bob

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #24  
looks like a FEL is a MUST since the bracket protects the filter /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not that an additional protector would not be a good idea.

I have enjoyed this thread, it is very informative. Especially with the BX owners pointing out the good points on the Deere. The BX is a great machine, so it is nice to see the BXers don't feel they have to bash the Johnny come lately Deere. Good point the the second guy should get some things right

I LIKE the plastic /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif - they don't make it like they used to its better now...

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #25  
I think that in making the 2210, JD has validated Kubota's position on the need for the BX form factor.

Seth

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #26  
I can just hear myself now....

Yes wife I need the FEL because it protects the fuel filter, real hazard without it you know, its a must have, not a nice thing to have, cost?? , does not matter, safety is job 1. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like it, those JD designers most likely spend weeks and $$ doing a market survey to see where the best place for the filter is, so they can sell more FELs. Made the whole idea of getting a FEL so much easier to explain to the CFO.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #27  
I think that is a fairly common position for the fuel bowl to be located. J

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #28  
bigpete,
Placement of the fuel filter (low on the chassis) may have something to do with the auto-bleed fuel system. Just a hunch.

I agree, unless you're really in some deep stuff that would first damage other parts of the tractor (hood, side panel), the filter should be fine.

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #29  
<font color="blue"> I agree, unless you're really in some deep stuff that would first damage other parts of the tractor (hood, side panel), the filter should be fine.
</font>

There was one report here last summer where someone with a Kubota B27/2910 ran over a stick, which bent up and knocked off his fuel filter...if it can happen, it will...according to Mr. Murphy anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #30  
Bill,

Just to let you know what I go through on a daily basis here is some reading for you.

Murphy's Law

When you got time just click and read.

Murph