JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #1  

lynnmll

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
I have been given a price for each tractor that is within $100.00 of each other.

What my question is the JD dealer that I went to offered more incentives. He offer to pay the insurance and also a quick hitch. I don't know about the electronic pedals for the hydro vs the direct connect type of the Kubota.
Has anyone had problems with this JD setup? I believe that is used on most of the 4000 series tractors.

I will be using the tractor to mow with most of the time, but I will be buying a FEL and box blade aswell.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #2  
I was also down to the same two tractors...i went with the kubota bx2200 with a fel, 54 " mmm, rear blade,block heater, lights etc.....i put 18 hrs on it already, and i am definately convinced i made the right choice...great tractor!!! Kevin

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #3  
Gosh, Lynnmll, I'm not sure how you could pass up the 2210 if they are that close. You wouldn't be making a mistake with the BX, but the 2210's capacities are a bit better and the 3-point hitch on the 2210 is a big improvement from one of the only weak spots on the BX.

The 2210 does not have an E-Hydro..take a look under the floorboards. I think the E-hydro is an option only on the 4210 and higher (don't quote me on that...)

Deere is really out to step into an market segment it was remiss in entering for years. I think there are some new incentives coming out after the 28th, so unless you have a perfect promotional finacning package in hand right now, you might wait for a week to see if your 2210 deal gets any better.

Having said all that, I sent my 2210 back to shop with a trans oil leak after having it for four days during our big blizzard last weekend. I'm not too concerned with it because you can't swing a live cat without scratching some new tractor ( or car, or boat, etc.) being sent back for a minor leak in its first year of use, no matter what the brand or color. I have to say I'm pleased as spiked punch with my dealer for sending a rollback out within 12 hours of my phone call--no questions asked. Maybe that should affect your decision, too. Would both the Deere and Kubota dealer do that for you? I think that would be a great "deal-maker" question for both of the dealers who are courting your $12 K, +/-.

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #4  
I made my choice between the JD 2210 and the Kubota BX2200 in favor of the JD 2210 even though it cost me $200 more (although with the JD I got a slightly larger bucket on the FEL for part of the difference in cost.)

The deciding factor was the JD 2210 includes OPD, operator presence detect, and will shut off the tractor if you are in gear and get up off the seat. With my son doing some of the mowing and my wife claiming she will mow now that she can reach the pedals on my new tractor, I felt the OPD was an important safety feature for their benefit. This feature is lacking on the Kubota BX2200.

My tractor is finally being delivered on Tuesday! I have been waiting for it to arrive since November 30th.

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200
Thanks Guy's

Bigpete, I would not be upset to much about a leak or any other warranty problem. That is why I will only buy new. I don't always trust the "reason" given for a trade. I have known of lemons, that no one could fix no matter how good the repair shop was. The factory rep's couldn't fix.

The price on the 2210 is the lower of the two. And that's before the perks were added in.

The JD dealer stated that he would also include 2 warranty pickup's if needed before he would charge anything for pickup.

I do like the daul pedal better than the treadle. I have only seen the 2210 one time and it was too cold to spend any time looking at it. John Deere dealers don't have any info on the 2210 other than what is in their book. I have looked on the JD web site.

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #6  
I have a couple of big PDF files on the 2210. I'd be happy to send them via email if you want. Send me a private message and I get those out to you. Also, the Owner's Manual is available on-line at Deere's site. Tons of info in that document.

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #7  
Hey Pete, would you mind posting the address of JD's online manuals. I found it once but can't seem to locate it now.

Thanks

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #8  
I just tried to go to the page and Deere's site is dragging right now, so I'll have to tell you where it is.

Once you get into the Grounds Care site, or any site for that matter, there is a drop-down link at the top of the page for 'Service and Support.' Roll your mouse cursor over the Service and Support menu item and one of the options in the drop-down is 'Operator's Manuals.' I couldn't get to that page this morning, but there is a list of almost all JD models available for viewing on-line. I actually downloaded the manual but each section in the manual has to be downloaded separately as a "Webpage archive, Single File" in the "File/Save As" option in Internet Explorer. I saved it as the "single file option." Too bad you can't download the entire manual as a single file.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #9  
When shopping for a tractor, I was down to the BX, 2210, 4010. The BX and the 2210 are both very comperable tractors, I decided on the 2210 over the BX for a few reasons, they were more personal perference than anything else. I liked the location of the various controls on the 2210 over the BX especially the foot peddles, the 2210 had a couple of nice to have things over the BX, for a lack of a better term the BX is rather sparse. The dealer was more customer oriented he offered free pick up and delivery for warranty work for whole warranty period vice only 3 months (both dealers were about 20 miles away) and to top it all off The 53" bucket, 62" MMM, Grill guard, and ballast box all was still less than the BX. Which ever you decide to go with, I think you will be happy they are both good machines, for me it just seemed I got a couple extras with the JD.
Fran

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200
I was told that if I ordered a 2210 before March 1, and the perks were better with the new fiance package that I could choose between the one that made me the happest. Two different dealers told me that.

Subvet, I feel the same way on the John Deere that you did before that you made your purchase. I like the Kubota dealer close to me but for some unknown reason I like the 2210 better. I also feel that JD has a few extra perks on selling this tractor, if for nothing else to get it out where it can be talked about.

What size of bucket and MMM did you get? Have you felt that it was under powered in anyway?