Buying Advice Need some compact tractor buying recomendations

/ Need some compact tractor buying recomendations #11  
At least go with a CUT. The SCUTS are too light for serious loader/backhoe work, and can be challenged with a post hole digger due to height of 3PH. The do, however, make for good snow machines and OK mowers. If Wallace recommends the Mahindra over BC's of similar HP, that's something to take seriously as he sells both. However, I would recommend the BC CT235 or the Kioti CK35. Definitely HST. Here you get weight, HP, and hydraulic flow better than just about anyting else in it's class. Don't buy too small and regret it.

As for mowing, It sounds like you may have alot of obstacles to mow around. If so, then get yourself a good purpose built finish mower separate from the tractor. The problem with CUT tractors and mowing, where there is a lot to mow around and under, is that the tractor is too big. Roll bar in the way. Too long. Too wide. Doesn't steer sharp enough. Too heavy. A slight mis-steer and you've done some real damage to whatever you hit. The SCUTS address these issues to some degree. But, they really do compromise performance of all tasks so as to be a one do-it-all machine. But for me, I like the JD all-wheel steer machines for mowing. Hard to beat. Then I have a CUT that has the beef to do real tractor work.

/ Need some compact tractor buying recomendations #12  
If a front-mounted snowblower is high on your wish list, be sure that you get a tractor that will take one. (Not all of them will.) Make sure it has a mid PTO. Price the setup with the snowblower, even if you don't buy it in the initial purchase. That way, you know 1) if you can get a front mounted snowblower for it, and 2) about how much it will cost.

A friend of mine bought a Bobcat CT335, which he likes, but found he could not get a mid PTO for it. (Maybe they are available now, but weren't when he checked).