Comparison Kubota B Series Model #'s....

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s....
bp fick said:
Agree on an rear finish mower for wide open mowing. It is sooooo civilized and really rather enjoyable, with ear protection. Cheaper, easy to mount and dismount.

What mower is that?

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #12  
What mower is that?

That mower is the Phoenix/First Choice. Kioti also uses it for their OEM mower.

It is sold with many "stickers" for "brands", but it is Sicma. Italian made and an excellent, tough, well designed mower. The cut is very good, as good as most MMM results I've seen. Highly recommend them.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #13  
Unfortunately the Kubota website does not have a good way to compare tractors that are not in the same group such as B2620 to B2920. The only thing you can do is click on specifications, then go to the bottom right hand corner and click on the PDF file and print it out for each group.

The B2x20 group are smaller framed basic tractors with 3 cyl diesels. The 2320 normally comes with a slightly smaller FEL. The 2620 and 2920 are the same except for HP. I live on 3 acres which is basicly a big yard and I think they are a perfect size for the projects I do and mowing on that type of property. I also use it to maintain a 400+ ft rock drive with a box blade and clear snow in the winter using a rear blade and FEL. The engine is smooth. It will do a lot of work at fairly low RPM. We also have 12 acres of recreational property about 25 miles away so I have to trailer it there which is part of why I wanted to stay with a smaller size. It is ok for that property, but some of the things I get into there would be better suited to a little larger tractor including a lot of mowing with the brush hog, dragging trees to brush pile, trying to clear areas, etc.

The B3200 & 3300 are larger framed basic B tractors with 4 cyl engines. They have the 1/4" valve like the B2x20 group. Pretty much the same tractors, but the 3300 does not have a mid PTO which saves some money. So you would not want to choose a B3300 if you are thinking about a MMM or snow blower. If you read in the Kubota forums, you will see discussions on the vibration in the 4 cyl kubota engines when they are at PTO speed. I would suggest when you test drive it, you make sure you get it up to the PTO speed yourself and see if it is something that would bother you. Most of the work you do, you don't have to have it running that fast, but for mowing, you need the RPM's up.

The B2630 & B3030 are the same tractor but the 2630 is a 3 cyl 26 hp and the 3030 is a 4 cyl 30 hp tractor. For some reason, there seems to be few complaints about vibration in the 3030. To me, the biggest feature difference in these premium tractors vs the basic tractors is the position control mentioned in a previous post. As I said, this would make life better that the 1/4" valve system if you are going to be running a brush hog a lot. If it is a once in a while task, not such a big deal.

In the end, no amount of reading specs or these threads will substitute for going and sitting on some and test driving them. Any of them should easily last more than the 10 years you mentioned with basic maintenance.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #14  
Honestly Kubota has far too many configurations in tractors. Why would you not have a mid point PTO or position control other than to force you into a much more costly tractor. I would be willing to bet that the addition cost of position control is probably less than $50. You even have to select a model with or without a folding ROPS, why?

Even if you didn't need a mid PTO today, somewhere down the road you are going to want it. Penny wise, pound foolish.

John Deere has position control on the 1026r (BX25 equivalent) and up. The only tractor that doesn't have it is the basic 1023r which is probably closer to the BX25. They all have mid point PTO.

Kobota could probably reduce their cost substantially if they eliminated all these crazy configurations and used the economy of scale to only offer a couple of 2x30 at a reasonable price. JD covers BX and B range with 5 very well equipped tractors.

I hope someone at Kubota is listening, because this was the reason I selected a JD 2520 over the Kubota 2620. And I am so glad I have position control.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #15  
KUGator and BPFick pretty well have it covered. I looked at the Bxx20 and did not particularly care for them for my needs. If I ever get a B size, it will be a Bxx30 for the reasons mentioned. Our ground is so hard a ground contact mower is not an issue, but for some it will cause rutting and damage in sharp turns.

The B3030 is out of the current tractor lineup and I'm not sure if dealers can get the B2630 any longer either.

I'm very happy I latched on to a B3030 last year.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #16  
Honestly Kubota has far too many configurations in tractors.
JD covers BX and B range with 5 very well equipped tractors.

I hope someone at Kubota is listening, because this was the reason I selected a JD 2520 over the Kubota 2620. And I am so glad I have position control.

Your points are well taken. Kubota OWNS the under 40 hp market. Its strategy, whether you or I agree with it, is domination by propagation, it seems. It is confusing to have so many models, to be sure.

In the end they simply offer more options than anyone. They make all these models to offer different price points and different sets of features, like it or hate it. It is what they do.

Fact is that while the 20 series isn't for everyone, it allows Kubota to offer that size tractor at a price point that JD cannot begin to match. Kubota sells thousands of 20 series tractors, if for no other reason than VW used to sell thousands of Beetles back in the day. Want a better level machine? We got it. Want this or that? We got it. 20s, 30s, 00s, not to even mention the 4 BX models offered.

I honestly do not know if this is sheer insanity or marketing genius. But, for certain, it is the Kubota way.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #17  
The B3030 is out of the current tractor lineup and I'm not sure if dealers can get the B2630 any longer either.

I'm very happy I latched on to a B3030 last year.

They are still listed on the website, so maybe they still have some in inventory like when they discontinued the B7800.

What is replacing them, I only see the B3000 offered in a cab on their website?

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #18  
Your points are well taken. Kubota OWNS the under 40 hp market. Its strategy, whether you or I agree with it, is domination by propagation, it seems. It is confusing to have so many models, to be sure.

In the end they simply offer more options than anyone. They make all these models to offer different price points and different sets of features, like it or hate it. It is what they do.

Fact is that while the 20 series isn't for everyone, it allows Kubota to offer that size tractor at a price point that JD cannot begin to match. Kubota sells thousands of 20 series tractors, if for no other reason than VW used to sell thousands of Beetles back in the day. Want a better level machine? We got it. Want this or that? We got it. 20s, 30s, 00s, not to even mention the 4 BX models offered.

I honestly do not know if this is sheer insanity or marketing genius. But, for certain, it is the Kubota way.

Honda and Toyota owned the compact car market too.

Here are the May numbers, June was similar (can't find it right now). It is the same story in the mid sized segment:

Chevrolet Cruze: 22,711
Ford Focus: 22,303
Hyundai Elantra: 20,006
Honda Civic: 18,341
Toyota Corolla: 16,895

Complacency has no place when the competition is out flanking you. Kyoti and John Deere are gunning for Kubota, these quote "Luxury Tractors" are what the competition call standard equipment.

The Corolla is a classic example, it was good solid transportation 10 years ago when the compact car category was your entry level stepping stone to bigger higher content cars. A 4 speed transmission and an interior that some might call simple, others might call punishment. Style, we don't need style, it has 4 wheels. The industry changed, high content cars with advanced engines and transmissions became the new norm and all of a sudden Toyota was holding a knife in a gun fight.

It is a very slippery slope and just because a marketing model worked in years past, doesn't mean it is going to continue. Sometimes you don't see the target painted on your back until it is too late.

/ Kubota B Series Model #'s....
Well that news of potential elimination of the 2630 and 3030 certainly changes things up. I suppose it may be better to wait a little then...

As for markets, JD vs Kubota etc..Whatever. JD has always been the monopoly around here any ways. I own a JD riding mower. However there large models I feel are over priced and like most thinks you pay extra for name than quality. I looked at JD's and was disappointed with the plastic hoods, fenders, etc.. Featureless gauge cluster etc..Thats what made me look elsewhere. I wasn't all gungho Kubota I had my eyes on a Deere in the first place. I feel Kubota offers a better line, with better "budget" compromises that still offer features not found on the JD's.

I have been comparing the 3300SU and the 2920. The ONE thing that steers me away from the 3300SU is the fact there is no mid PTO offered..Why is that by the way? When I configure the 2920 with the FEL, R4's, and the mid pto it comes out about the same as the 3300SU standard just with the loader included. The 3030 is awesome but that is just a little too expensive for me.

P.S. Is this a scam> most likely?

Last edited:
   / Kubota B Series Model #'s.... #20  
I guess im failing to find the "Fancy Features" It's hard to compare on the Kubota website because if you "Build my Kubota" the sheet opens in another tab, but if you go back and load another model it uses the same tab you had for the other..Im quite capable of comparing the obvious HP, size, capacities, PTO's etc..QUOTE]

As a bit of help, the Kubota Canada website is set up a little different (and bilingual) - BUT you can compare machines side by side. Pick the tractor, go to specs, and there's a 'compare' tab. You can compare several machines at the same time with all of the specs corresponding to each other as you scroll down.

I like the 'build and price' capability on the kubota.com site, and the comparison capability on the kubota.ca site. Gotta use the tools available...:thumbsup: