tractor tires..R4

/ tractor tires..R4 #1  

triplets

Tractor
1999 Kubota L3010
Where is the best place to purchase tractor tires. I am interesteed in R4's for the back and I guess a turf tire for the front. 4x tractor. What would you recommend for the front?

/ tractor tires..R4 #2  
Probably best to make sure the tires you are putting on match in ratio for the 4wd tractor you are putting them on.

If you mismatch the sizes, in 4wd you will stress the drivetrain...turfs on the front and R4 on the back may result in a mismatch in sizes.

Not sure of the best place to buy tires... wish I could be of more help... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tractor tires..R4 #3  
<font color="blue">"Where is the best place to purchase tractor tires."</font>

No better place than your local dealer. They're knowledgeable about types, sizes, etc.

....Bob

/ tractor tires..R4 #4  
rancar and Henro,

I agree with you both. I was told not to mismatch the tires with 4 wheel drive. My experience is R4's both front and back and love them. Because of the size of my tractor and my new lawn I do have to watch it some when mowing. As far as turf on the front, my dealer took me on two tractors on a wet day, both TC21D's. One had turf, one had R4's. He drove the tractor straight a bit and then made a real sharp turn on each tractor. To my amazement the R4's did less damage to the grass. So I went out and did some research on tires and sure wish I could find that page again but that is exactly what my dealer told me. R4' will do less damage on grass in the turning modes and the turning modes only. Turf was still better on grass on the normal straight runs. I also like my R4's for plowing snow and using the FEL. If my work was mostly finish mowing, then I would go turf.

Murph

/ tractor tires..R4 #5  
Only one thing to add. Not only should you not try to mix tires on a 4x4, you may not be able to, anyhow. I looked at your profile to see what tractor you have but it wasn't filled out so I can't speak in specifics to your situation. (If you fill it out it'll help you get better answers to some of your questions here.)

Since I can't talk about your machine, I'll just tell you about mine and I think you'll see what I mean. I have a Deere and there are different wheels for different types of tires on mine. I can't just take off an Ag tire and replace it with a turf on the same wheel. Yours might be the same. In any event, don't mix and match tires on your 4WD. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tractor tires..R4 #6  
I think what Gary is trying to say is that it's ok to use different tires as long as you still have a lead situation on the front axle. Here is a link to some great info on it.

lead lag condition

/ tractor tires..R4
I reviewed my profile to add my possible tractor. It is a Yanmar 2210d. I live in a small town and tractor tires are hard to come by. I will have to order then for sure. Thought I might find a good deal on-line. Thanks to all, Mike